What we're about
There is building a critical mass of individuals working towards resolving their inner conflicts, to create more peace within. When there is peace within there is peace without.
The purpose of this group is to create a community of individuals committed to creating peace within using Holotropic Breathwork as one of the tools in the spiritual toolkit.
Holotropic Breathwork is a self-empowering technology that can enable access to Expanded States of Consciousness for learning, healing and creating.
Holotropic Breathwork was developed by Czech-born psychiatrist Dr. Stanislav Grof & his wife Christina as a substance-free successor to his LSD based research and Psychedelic therapy.
Stan Grof is one of the earliest best known researchers of LSD (invented by Albert Hoffman) and the therapeutic effects and benefits of psychedelics on the mind.
In 1960 Stan was appointed the Principal Investigator of the psychedelic research program at the Psychiatric Research Institute in Prague and seven years later later moved to Baltimore in the US to continue his work. LSD was banned in ’67, research trials ended in ’75 and his valuable work was de-funded.
Over 1000’s of sessions that Stan and Christina supervised and facilitated, a recurring theme came through. That being, when an individual has the right environment and tools to access Expanded States of Consciousness (ESC) and allows their inner healer to do its work, a profound healing can come about.
They called the technology they created “Holotropic” to encapsulate what it is about. It comes from Holos (to make whole) and Trepein (moving towards) - Moving towards Wholeness.
Essentially Holotropic Breathwork enables us to learn, to heal and to create.
It has 3 key components:
Focussed Energy Release Bodywork
Ways it can and has helped people
HTBW can be:
- a powerful method of personal transformation and healing
- an insightful personal enquiry tool to know thyself – light & shadow
- a self-empowering way (because you do the work) to re-integrate fragmented parts of ourselves that may have been split off through guilt, shame, fear anger, sadness over years of conditioning by significant others
- a highly experiential complimentary therapeutic technology to psychotherapy
- used to access ideas and inspiration from the transpersonal realm to improve an individual’s way of being in the world for not only the wounded but for the artist or scientist or student or inventor. The dreamlike images that can be presented in expanded states of consciousness often contain solutions to questions on our minds.
- a deep self-care approach for the healing and helping professional
- an evidenced based tool that can get to the root of and heal addiction and depression
- supportive for those experiencing psycho-spiritual crisis