addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

CamCreatives : Creative Thinkers and Doers of Cambridgeshire Message Board › What are your thoughts on Crowd-Funding websites?

What are your thoughts on Crowd-Funding websites?

Lee M.
LeeMears
Leicester, GB
Post #: 1
For me, I like the idea, so much so I have recently put a project I'm working on called EPIC 100m Sprint onto a crowd-funding website called Sponsume (an english kickstarter).

Its a nice risk free way for people to support a project they like the look of or support an area they are passionate about. It works by people offering a donation to support a project, this is put to one side and only taken if the projects target fund is met, if it isn't met no money is taken from the account. This is an added benefit as you know your money is put to good use in a project that can achieve its goal and not wasted in a project that you know will not have enough to finish and meet its goal.

For me, I also feel it helps fuel the creative industry and test the requirement/need/want for a product or service, of course this only really works as long as you have enough people see or know about the project. Which is where selecting the right website is so important! These websites are a vessel to help direct large numbers of people to see what you are doing and use it as part of a marketing campaign. Kickstarter is the biggest and most success at doing this for projects (where you can find numerous successful project being vastly overfunded), The only problem with kickstarter is they allow American's to submit projects with a other countries being allow coming soon.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this as well as your thoughts on my current project which can be seen @

www.sponsume.com/project/epic-100m-spr­int

Thanks for reading

Lee
Lee M.
LeeMears
Leicester, GB
Post #: 5
One such example of a project blowing up.... http://www.kickstarte...­