What we’re about
We exist to create the political will for climate solutions by enabling individual breakthroughs in the exercise of personal and political power.
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a non-profit, nonpartisan, grassroots advocacy organization focused on national policies to address climate change.
Our consistently respectful, nonpartisan approach to climate education is designed to create a broad, sustainable foundation for climate action across all geographic regions and political inclinations. By building upon shared values rather than partisan divides, and empowering our supporters to work in keeping with the concerns of their local communities, we work towards the adoption of fair, effective, and sustainable climate change solutions.
In order to generate the political will necessary for passage of our Carbon Fee and Dividend proposal we train and support volunteers to build relationships with elected officials, the media and their local community.
We also have a separate chapter in Manhattan which means on the third Wednesday of every month:
We also have a meetup in Brooklyn, once it gets enough members, they will start having separate events there:
The Basics of Carbon Fee and Dividend
• Place a steadily rising fee on fossil fuels
• Give 100% of the fees minus administrative costs back to households each month.
• Use a border adjustment to stop business relocation.
A study from REMI https://citizensclimatelobby.org/remi-report/ shows that carbon fee-and-dividend will:
• reduce CO2 emissions 52% below 1990 levels in 20 years
• add 2.8 million jobs to the economy
• focus business planning on optimizing investment priorities
• prevent over 230,000 premature deaths over 20 years from improved air quality
Carbon Fee and Dividend does
• NOT increase the size of government,
• NOT require new bureaucracies, or
• NOT directly increase government revenues.
Finally, Carbon Fee and Dividend is elegant in its simplicity, transparent in its accessibility to public scrutiny and clear in its signals and benefits.