addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Chicago English Bulldog Meetup Group Message Board › Watery eyes

Watery eyes

This message board is read-only.

Shona B.
Shonalee502
Crown Point, IN
Post #: 2
Hey Bully owners -

Tootsie has been having some eye issues and I wanted to see what others thought before a Dr. Navin visit.

Her left eye - which she had surgery for Cherry eye before I got her - is watering alot. I have heard this season is really bad for allergies so I am not sure if that is part of it. It seems to bother her most in the morning and after a walk, and then it appears to be droopy like. She only rubs it briefly in the morning when she first gets up. I have rewetting drops for her but it doesn't appear to be dry.

I am not sure if this is common - because it's watered the majority of the time I have had her yet isn't appearing to let up. Is this a bully thing or a vet visit?

Thanks for the feedback!
A former member
Post #: 118
You might want to ask Dr. Navin to check her eyelids; she could have entropian. If the eyelashes are scraping her actual eye, that would cause irritation/watering.
Scott
user 8420845
Vernon Hills, IL
Post #: 67
Teddy has entropion and the Vet gave us a Tri-antibiotic ointment to keep his eyes lubed up. Better than rewetting drops. His eyes are still red sometimes after he sleeps.
A former member
Post #: 302
If only one of her eyes is tearing, I would check with Dr. Navin. If it is allergies, generally both eyes would have the same reaction. One eye indicates that something is irritating it -- either an infection or something else.

And please give that cutesy Tootsie a big smooch for me!

-- Theresa