addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
haley
user 4779399
Chicago, IL
Post #: 19
hey folks. i am a mother of 2, expecting number 3 this october. my daughter is 2.5 and we started weaning at 2. it wasn't going very well, so we decided not to push her. with my pregnancy i am no longer producing milk and her latch is incredibly painful. my son weaned relatively easily. he was off day time nursing for a while and after a few hard nights, he was sleeping peacefully. my daughter on the other hand will scream through the night, refuse food during the day, and i will wake up to her painfully at the breast. i am so tired from the restless nights that i am finding it hard to stick to my guns and just keep her close while she cries. any suggestions would be great. i am really feeling at a loss here and could use some extra support. thanks!
haley
Leigh
user 8539945
Forest Park, IL
Post #: 54
I found that night weaning particularly was easier if I made access very difficult to impossible. High necklines and tucking my shirt well into my PJ pants.

We weaned just after three and talked about ouchy nanas. When we finally stopped it was a high needs week full of snuggles and distractions but we had talked about it for so long that he accepted that everytime he asked, I would not say yes.

We had a cupcake party when he was all done and that was a thing that we held up "We don't nurse, you are weaned, we are going to have the cupcake weaning party. "
haley
user 4779399
Chicago, IL
Post #: 20
The party is a very sweet idea. I will definitely start talking with her about that. We also talk about how nursing hurts mommy. we have a song we sing where she says bye-bye to bubbies. access is something i haven't tried so i will be trying that tonight. thank you!
Jo Anne L.
bestbirth
Evanston, IL
Post #: 309
Thanks for reaching out for support. Raising children is so challenging and yet rewarding at times too. Do you now about the Facebook page Breastfeed Chicago? There is also La Leche League. They offer free support and have groups for mom support! Just look them up on Google and put in your zip code. There are also lactation consultants that help with all kinds of breastfeeding issues listed on the BirthLink web site.

I wish you all the best! Self care is of course really important. Sleep depravation is serious. I hope you find help soon.

--
Peace on earth begins with birth and body work.

Jo Anne Lindberg MEd ABT
President & Founder
Childbirth & Family Wellness
Five Element Shiatsu
1555 Sherman Avenue #175 (mailing address only)
Evanston, IL 60201
847-733-8050

www.birthlink.com