*** ONLY 150 TICKETS AVAILABLE VIA https://earthshipstore.com/es-learning-opportunities/es-tour-europe-amsterdam-the-netherlands ***
An Earthship is a state-of-the-art self-sustainable off-grid building that follows six basic principles, that covers the six basic needs of every human individual: power, water, food, shelter, comfort, and waste treatment.
• Using wind and solar energy to create electricity and light;
• Collecting, harvesting and filtering rain water to provide drinking and wash water;
• Producing its own food in an integrated greenhouse;
• Heating and cooling through thermal mass to create a comfortable living environment without additional costs;
• Using recycled and natural materials as building materials (dirt-pounded scrap tires, cans, plastic bottles, etc); and
• Containing and treating its own sewage and waste water without external contamination.
"Imagine a home that heats itself, that provides its own water, that grows its own food. Imagine that it needs no expensive technology, that it recycles its own waste, that it has its own power source. And now imagine that it can be built anywhere, by anyone, out of the things society throws away. Thirty years ago, architect Michael Reynolds imagined just such a home - then set out to build it.”
About Michael Reynolds:
Ever since the first screening of the film Garbage Warrior in 2007, Michael Reynolds has been internationally recognized and acclaimed as leader and pioneer of self-sustainable building designs. For 45 years, he has worked on perfecting the art of “radically sustainable living” and designing “Earthships”, the only off-grid and completely self-sustainable buildings in the world today that present all the comforts of conventional homes and more. A true visionary, Michael Reynolds believes that in an age of ecological instability and impending natural disaster, his buildings can - and will - change the way we live.