addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Cleveland Independent Movie Goers Message Board › The Kids are All Right: Cedar Lee Theater / Lopez

The Kids are All Right: Cedar Lee Theater / Lopez

Jims
jsimler
Group Organizer
Beachwood, OH
Hi everyone,

We had a great turnout to see Winter's Bones this past weekend. I think it is going to be at the Cedar Lee for a while, or you can wait until November when the mainstream world discovers this movie.

I am asked how I select movies so let me share my thoughts.

I try to do a combination of really unknown gems and semi-mainstream movies like the upcoming "Kids". We also select occasional classic films as they are often much more thought provoking than Hollywood movies of today.

I read a lot of reviews and try to get a sense on whether the movie will be unique (how many Merchant and Ivory movies can you really see) and if it will strike conversation. I like to think my track record is pretty good at selecting films (although I am sorry to those of you who attended Bluebeard). But even if the movie is not all that good, we sometimes talk about it anyway, so it is usually not a waste of time.

If you have ideas for movies, post an idea or better yet, drop me an email and I will try to fit it in.

Our next film is a really good film and another critics favorite. I am hoping you will make it.

http://www.meetup.com...­

When: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 6:00 PM

Where: Lopez
2196 Lee Rd. Cleveland Heights,
Cleveland, OH 44118

Fee: $1.50 or $5 for 2010

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Maybe" as well as "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through the "Contact Organizer" link on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com...­