Coding Stuttgart is a home for developers of all skill levels. Everybody's welcome, everyone's invited, everyone will take something home from our meetups. This is not your usual "experts talk, audience listens" kind of experience but a community driven meetup that embraces a knowledge exchange culture as well as a strict "nice to have you here"-attitude.
Isn't it amazing how many technologies you have to learn to follow the path of modern software development? Be it blockchains for storing transactions, machines taking decisions based upon digital learning sets, virtual clusters providing computing power for scaled applications and command line tools that improve your workflow: it's nearly impossible to keep an eye on everything.
That's where we jump in: Instead of specialising on a dedicated topic, coding stuttgart was established to become a hub meetup for Stuttgart's coder community: every software development related topic is welcome here, every developer with whatever skill level will take away something new on every session, every question may be asked and everyone should have a good time. There's only one golden rule: don't bore us with bs, talks have to be hands on, they must contain at least 1 line of code and in the best case they're massively supported by demos.
We are looking forward to your ideas for upcoming meetups. If you want to share any of your knowledge with a highly motivated community, this is the right place. If you want to demonstrate a software stack that you're using in your startup, this is the place to present. If you seek for an opportunity to spread the evangelism of the next big programming language: give a talk at coding stuttgart. We're embracing developers and we're just waiting for you.
If you like to get in touch with us, write about us, tell your friends about us, or just like to drop a line because you feel like doing so, you can find us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CodingStuttgart and use the hashtag #csmeetup anywhere where hashtags are accepted :)
Here are some golden rules of coding stuttgart:
• we neither care about your gender, your skin tone, your religious views, the language your mother taught you nor your heritage or favorite science fiction series, we only care about you as a developer.
• no marketing, no recruiting, only tech and if possible: code (lets consider yaml valid, and of course you may announce that your company is hiring)
• don't bash one technology in favor of another without giving a concrete reason (Ruby is sh*t, Rust is much better, you know the game)
• one demo gets you rid off 10 slides so don't be shy and type live, we're all developers so we'll only laugh at cat images and not your code stunts
• as soon as 1 person is around who doesn't understand German we switch to English (exceptions must be announced).
• food is not always free, but maybe you get a t-shirt
• everyone can become a developer
• everyone can become a better developer
• being a bad developer doesn't make you a bad person