addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Online ColdFusion Meetup Message Board › Coldfusion 1.5 (Historical Documents)

Coldfusion 1.5 (Historical Documents)

A former member
Post #: 10

After seeing Ben Forta on his CF8 tour getting excited about the old Coldfusion logo, I thought I put this piece of Coldfusion history up here. It is the original package and documentation of Coldfusion 1.5. It was delivered on 3 1/5 inch diskettes (which are still in the sealed envelope). The spiral binder was the first manual which described Coldfusion on 117 pages. A nice poster describing the 21 TAGs and functions. But already had the killer TAG that changed the world: DBMAIL (Ohhh... back then it was DBML (Data Base markup language) before it became CFML (Cold Fusion Markup Language).

Compared to 1.0 ColdFusion 1.5 had 2 additional tags DBINSERT and DBUPDATE.
To my knowledge this was the very first packages ever shipped overseas to their first international distributor by the name of "Internet 2000" in Germany. I bought it and kept it ever since.

Have fun.
Ryan H.
user 2463751
Overland Park, KS
Post #: 1
Wow, that is interesting. Are you going to open the disk packaging up to try it out?

I picked up a copy of the CF 2 WACK book a few years ago while at a half price book store in Dallas. Unfortunately, the included floppy disk was missing from the back of the book.

Does anyone have CF 2 handy, or at least a copy of the data from the disk?

Ryan
Charlie A.
carehart
Group Organizer
Jamestown, KY
Post #: 28
That is indeed cool, Axel. Thanks so much for sharing. :-)
A former member
Post #: 16
Hi,
Cool Stuff :)
I am curious as ColdFusion always had the "Developer's Edition"? or was this something just introduced in later versions? I love the "Developer's Edition" as it lets me play with ColdFusion on my localhost.

Just curios,
Thanks
John
A former member
Post #: 12
Hi John,
back then only developers bought Coldfusion - the developer edition came much later - don't remember when.
Axel

Hi,
Cool Stuff :)
I am curious as ColdFusion always had the "Developer's Edition"? or was this something just introduced in later versions? I love the "Developer's Edition" as it lets me play with ColdFusion on my localhost.

Just curios,
Thanks
John

Charlie A.
carehart
Group Organizer
Jamestown, KY
Post #: 32
John, I'm pretty sure that the free Dev Edition was added in the CF5 timeframe. Prior to that, it was available only on the CF Studio CD (so in effect, you had to pay for it.) There was also a DevNet edition that permitted a group of developers to share a non-production release (up to a limit, which I think was 10). That edition was offered in the CFMX 6 timeframe but is no longer, as far as I know.
A former member
Post #: 18
Hi,
thanks for the info. Like I said I enjoy the dev edition as I can play on my localhost, and a great way to learn ColdFusion. Just was wondering about if this was offered in the past. Sounds like if you bought CF Studio you had a version of the CF Server that you could play with on your localhost, that sounds great too.

Thanks again,
John