!!NOTICE!! - REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT - MAX CAPACITY HAS BEEN ACHIEVED
About the Event:
Defense contractors already know they need to meet cost, quality, and schedule thresholds to win work with the government. Now they will need to meet cybersecurity guidelines to secure government contracts. ALL contractors–large and small–will need to achieve compliance in at least the basic level of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) to work on government contracts.
The time to act is now–both prime and subcontractors need to be certified in 2020.
Get a complete overview of what being compliant means to your company by attending our CMMC workshop you’ll be guided through the steps you’ll need to take to be eligible for government work. This half-day workshop will help your organization (industry and government) understand what CMMC is, how it affects you, and how to best prepare for implementing it. Led by Lucas Truax, Director of Cybersecurity Engineering at Concurrent Technologies Corporation, will present important points underscored by direct response to your questions and concerns.
• 1:00 – 1:15 Registration
• 1:15 – 1:45 Understanding the CMMC requirements
• 1:45 – 2:15 How does CMMC affect you?
• 2:15 – 2:45 Evaluation of your preparedness - Perform a very high level assessment of your organizational practices through a short questionnaire
• 2:45 – 3:00 BREAK
• 3:00 – 3:15 Building the required documents - Outline the required documentation for your security program; Understanding how to effectively represent your organization's security efforts through writing
• 3:15-3:30 Effective Technical Approaches to compliance - Areas of difficulty for organizations implementing CMMC (and[masked])
• 3:30 – 4:00 Q&A
For additional information CTC has developed a landing page with additional event information and CMMC related efforts at https://www.ctc.com/cmmc/
About the Speaker:
Lucas Truax is the Director of Cybersecurity Engineering at Concurrent Technologies Corporation. He has worked in IT security for more than a decade both securing, auditing, building and attacking a variety of information systems in the defense, financial and commercial business sectors. Lucas has supported organizations in building cybersecurity programs from inception to maturation including supporting compliance with Federal (i.e. NIST[masked],[masked], and[masked]) and International (i.e. ISO) standards. Mr. Truax’s education includes a M.S. in Software Engineering as well as the GIAC Response and Industrial Defense (GRID), Critical Controls Assessor (GCCC), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certifications.