What we’re about
Love + Understanding + Mindfulness
Do these 3 concepts resonate with you?
If so, then this community welcomes you! Here's what we're all about:
We are re-creating the sense of community and togetherness that was humanity's default state of being for most of its existence. In the US, we experienced this from closely-knit families, dense, walkable towns and neighborhoods and the Church. Today, university campuses and religious communities are a few of the remaining vestiges of this crucial element of human life. With suburbanization, social media proliferation and paid entertainment and consumerism, Americans are more isolated than ever. While the older generations may have lived through this transition, the younger ones may never have even seen what community really looks like.
Instead, we have allowed ourselves to be conditioned to live in a state of mere survival, to not question norms and to stop even imagining how fulfilling life can really be. We feel more alone than ever with skyrocketing neuroticism and mounting health problems. But despite all this doom and gloom, despite debt, despair and pessimism becoming normalized, we are all fully capable of doing much better! And it starts with consciousness. Question everything. Detach from limiting beliefs. Practice unconditional love. And be open to new ideas, people, activities and perspectives! Let The Conscious Growth Society be your gateway!
What do we do? 3 Types of Events:
- Contemporary problems in society and within our own lives
- Psychology, universal spiritual concepts, personal finance, relationships, self-discovery
- Practice being your true authentic self.
- Develop deeper connections and practice overcoming social atrophy.
- Potlucks, picnics, and food halls.
Activities & Workshops
- Meditations, healing, museum visits, volunteer activities
- Arts & Crafts, writing, and anything else we can think of!
We also host events on Zoom occasionally as it can make for even deeper discussion accompanied with diagrams, charts and images.
Please feel free to join our Discord Chat Group:
And our Facebook Group:
Feedback Survey Form:
Love + Understanding + Mindfulness: What does it all mean?
- We are here for each other. Come to listen to other people. God gave us 2 ears but 1 mouth.
- We trust our counterparts enough to open up to them and be vulnerable. We expect the same in return.
- We want to leave each other more knowledgeable and more powerful than before.
- When you are here, you are only here. Pay attention and be present. Get out of your head and get in touch with your peers and your surroundings.
- When you are in the Now, you are not replaying old thoughts and experiences in your head, and you are also not projecting and intellectualizing the future.
- Detach from underlying beliefs, identifies and visions. This is the only way to introspect and rewire your internal programs and habits.
- We come together to learn from each other. Every viewpoint must be considered.
- You are not here to win arguments and bludgeon your opponent into submission. Be prepared to have your mind changed, not to change the minds of others.
- Critical Thinking is detached thinking. It's not about this side or that side of the argument. It is seeing everything purely objectively whether you agree with it or not.
- Objective, analytical thought is one of humanity's greatest tools, and it can only be utilized consciously, detached from pre-existing expectation, belief and motive.
Upcoming events (1)See all
- Earphone Society: Discussion & HangoutThe Sound, Dallas, TX
Since when did wearing earphones everywhere, all the time become a thing?! We see people on subways, at restaurants, and at home donning them. We see popular celebrities strolling down the street with them or professional athletes warming up with those big honkin' "earmuffs"! Maybe even you like to wear earphones all the time?
But why?! This is a hot button issue that triggers many defensive responses along the lines of "to be more efficient", "for better concentration", or "to keep hobos from trying to talk to me".
But could it be that we are hiding from or avoiding something?! Perhaps we self-medicate with earphones? While smartphones are the posterchild for self-imposed isolation, I believe earphones are very underappreciated for how effectively they separate us from our environment. My Social Critique on Excess Earphone Use
We will enjoy an open discussion on this topic while loosely following an outline to ensure we don't go too far off the rails. My goal is to get us talking and connecting at a deeper level!
Arrive and Gather (15-20 min)
What's the Fuss?
- Is this really happening?
- Is it bad, or am I just yelling at the clouds?
Root-Causes & Drivers
- Fear & Social Anxiety
- Addiction to Diversion
- Asserting Social Status
Why is it a Problem?
- Loss of Random Social Encounters
- Seeing Everyone Else as Adversaries
- Compromising Our Consciousness
Repurpose Technology for Our Benefit
- Presence & Mindfulness
- Actively Doing Nothing
- Embracing a Lack of Stimulation
It will be about 90 degrees but breezy, and we'll be outdoors on the shaded side of the building. That said, please dress appropriately for the weather!
About the Venue
This is a hangout and activities area with lots of seating and and umbrella-covered tables right along the banks of a small lake.
If you're not into coffee, no problem! Ascension's got other beverages, and there are half a dozen other food/drink vendors all in that same area: https://thesoundtx.com/, so feel free to do your own thing! Bringing your own picnic chair isn't a bad idea!
We always welcome new folks! Please don't hesitate if this is your first meetup!
I'll post additional updates as necessary.