What we’re about
Startup Founder 101 brings together aspiring and experienced tech entrepreneurs to discuss, meet, and collaborate to build great new startups, and to push the local startup ecosystem forward.<br><br>This group hosts numerous free events throughout the year where you can learn the best practices of starting a company from people who have been there and done that. You’ll have the opportunity to meet local founders and investors, exchange ideas with experts, get feedback on your idea, participate in startup workshops, and more.<br><br>Typical startup event topics include:<br>• Coming up with a strong startup idea<br>• Startup legal basics<br>• How to pitch your startup<br>• Starting a company without quitting your day job<br>• How to raise funding for your startup<br>• And much more!<br><br>Join the group to be invited to our next event!
Upcoming events (3)See all
- Launch a Fundable Global Startup from Nordics: Meet Ecosystem OrganizationsLink visible for attendees
Nordics has a fast growing startup ecosystem, and entrepreneurs here are lucky to have so many resources available to help them in their journey. However, many people don't know about all of the resources available, the differences between them, or what resources are right for them. At this online and interactive event, we will gather representatives from different entrepreneurial organizations, including Norrsken, Maria 01, Venture Cup, Innovation Norway, Plug and Play Ventures, Further Than Capital and Connect Öst to outline the local resources and provide tips on how to build a startup in the Nordics.
- Sarita Runeberg (CEO, Maria 01)
- Timo Linnemann (Ventures Lead Hamburg & Nordics, Plug and Play)
- Mehkar Sheikh (Managing Director, Founder Institute Nordics)
- Per Björklund (Partner, Further Than Capital)
- Sofia Lindelöw (Managing Director Nordics, Norrsken)
- Preben Fjellaker Mathisen (Senior Advisor - Startups, Innovation Norway)
- Naimul Abd (Regional Director Nordics, Founder Institute)
❯ What You'll Learn:
- Local Organizations to help launch and grow your startup
- Little-known resources that benefit your industry
- How to find Mentors
- Additional funding sources for early-stage founders
❯❯ This is a live, interactive online event, so be sure to RSVP at https://fi.co/e/333771/meetup to receive the Zoom URL to join us live!
- Startup Market Outlook for 2024: What to Expect with Funding (Online)Link visible for attendees
2023 has been a challenging year for startup funding at the later stages, with the angel, pre-seed, and seed funding markets remaining resilient. However, the bar to raise funding is higher than it's been in several years, with investors focusing more on business fundamentals. On this live online event, Jonathan Greechan (Co-Founder & CEO of the Founder Institute) will share his insights on what idea-stage and pre-seed startups can expect in 2024, how to prepare, and the steps needed to successfully raise funding. There will also be a short Q&A period to answer audience questions.
❯ About the Speaker:
- Jonathan Greechan - Co-Founder and CEO of the Founder Institute: Jonathan Greechan is the Co-Founder and CEO of the Founder Institute, the world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator. Since 2009, he has grown and scaled the organization to chapters in over 200 cities and 95 countries, which have produced over 6900 portfolio companies with nearly $2 billion in venture funding. He also serves as an Advisor to Oxford Entrepreneurs (Oxford University), Horasis, and the USC Incubator (University of Southern California). Jonathan's writing has been featured on Fortune, TechCrunch, and Entrepreneur Magazine, and he has spoken at startup conferences on four continents.
❯ Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about starting a company or raising pre-seed or angel funding
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early-stage businesses and products
❯ What are some of the Topics?
- The trends entrepreneurs can expect to see in 2024
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding in 2023 and beyond
- Any questions asked by the audience!
❯❯ This is a live, interactive online event, so be sure to RSVP at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/17021 to receive the Zoom URL to join us live!
- Pitch Lounge: Get Feedback on Your 1-Minute Pitch Idea from Startup ExpertsLink visible for attendees
To launch a great startup, it is critical to get feedback on your ideas from entrepreneurs who have been there and done that. This interactive event will first discuss best practices for creating a concise and compelling elevator pitch. Then, you can share your pitch with other entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors at virtual tables to get instant feedback. We recommend you jump on as many tables as you can and speak with various mentors. Even if you don't want to share your pitch, you can still join to hear other startup ideas and witness how the experts review a pitch.
❯ What You'll Learn:
- How to give a concise yet compelling elevator pitch
- What investors are looking for in a startup pitch
- Specific advice and feedback on your pitch and startup ideas
Speakers and mentors will be added soon.
❯ To get the most out of this Pitch for Feedback event:
- Come ready for live video networking
- Prepare by starting with your one-sentence pitch. See how it's done using our Madlibs format.
- Fill out our Elevator Pitch Worksheet.
To access all of the networking features of this event, please join using Chrome or Firefox from a desktop or tablet, or download the Airmeet Mobile App.
❯❯ This is a live, interactive online event, so be sure to RSVP at https://fi.co/startupwebinar/17052 to receive the Zoom URL to join us live!