What we're about
Does this sound like you?
You're a helping professional of some kind, whether that be a therapist, nurse, naturopath, social worker, or something else!
You value support and feedback from other professional peers.
You have an open and curious mind - you value learning for the sake of it.
You love to read, but maybe you've fallen out of the practice.
You want to make new friends and network, especially with people in similar or connected fields.
Rest and play are vital to your self-care.
You enjoy having fun and challenging conversations.
It's cool with you if book club is sometimes supplemented with other social and professional events.
You’re in the right place!
- Events will be held in person (if possible) and/or virtually, as we nourish our hearts and minds with literature and community. In-person events will follow current CDC guidelines re COVID safety.
- Group members are encouraged to be as participatory as possible. Vote on books! Host consultation opportunities! Share upcoming training or workshop details! Make event suggestions! Drop coffeehouse and dive bar patio recommendations! If you’d like to host an event, message the group organizers.
- Effective July 22, 2022: If you RSVP to an event and can’t make it, please change your RSVP so a member on the wait list can attend. We understand things happen last minute and notification isn’t always possible. However, dropping out of in-person events at the last minute (defined as less than 24 hours before the start of the event) three times will result in your removal from the group. This standard also applies for no-shows (those who do not update their RSVP to “No” and don’t attend the event).
- Effective July 22, 2022: There is a 30 day free trial to try out the group. After 30 days, membership is $5 - the price of a single coffee - per year. Dues are applied to the cost of hosting a group on MeetUp, as well as the time and effort of organizing.
- Non-payment of dues will result in ejection from the group - but you can always come back once you’ve paid! If the annual fee represents a significant financial barrier to membership, please reach out to the organizer to discuss.
I'm glad you're here. Let's go!
About the Group Creator:
I'm Inness (it rhymes with "Guinness," if you're wondering), a licensed mental health counselor and the owner of Coven Therapeutic Collective. I opened my private practice in 2021, at which point I became immediately aware of the importance of having a community of peers, both to strengthen my work as a counselor, and to enrich my professional and private life.
And as a former English major (and eternal nerd), I thought that a book club would be a great way to start.
Upcoming events (4+)
Past events (13)
This content is available only to members