A new set of regulations is going to be enforced in the EU in 2019. Finland has suggested to enforce stricter national laws, to largely enforce "anti-money laundering" (AML) and "know your customer" (KYC) regulations.
This meeting will explore both in practice and theory what the new "virtual currency" regulations in the EU, and in Finland in particular, are going to be like, and what they will concretely imply in the startup field that may consist of not only blockchain startups, but also gaming giants. It is also of interest to understand what this implies to investors in Finland.
People from both sides of the game will be speaking at the event, from the Finnish government and the Helsinki startup community, especially from blockchain related startups related to ICOs, as well as from game industry. Also be specialists in law to discuss details of the regulations.
You can expect a high quality event. Active participation is encouraged!
BONUS! FATF (Financial Action Task Force) is having their meeting in Paris just the day before on cryptocurrency regulations. If the result of that meeting is made public, you will be the first to know about that! (see http://www.fatf-gafi.org/about/)
Facts and rumours presentations (about 60 min)
- Tommi A. Vuorenmaa (Introduction to the subject)
- Talk by Soma.io on legal ICO challenges, experiences from the past
- Armi Taipale (Valtionvarainministeriö (VM), Ministry of Finance): "Miksi rahanpesun torjunnan sääntely ulotetaan virtuaalivaluuttoihin?"
Panel discussion, active audience participation requested (about 60min):
- Pekka Vasara (Keskusrikospoliisi (KRP), National Bureau of Investigation)
- Joonas Ilmasti (CCO, LocalBitcoins)
- Ilkka Salo (Whalelend)
- Arttu Talvitie (Select Financial Services)