The purpose of this group is to gather together and talk about meaningful topics of conversation that might be considered "taboo" or "weird" in classic "meet and greet" settings.
This group is for you if...
- You identify as either an introvert, an intellectual...or just someone who loves diving into deep and complex topics. Maybe you're a closet philosopher and are in need of an outlet?
- You are incurably curious about things...and you love bouncing ideas off of people who share your curiosity
- You want to skip over the usual "what do you do" and "how is the weather" and move straight into "what makes you come alive?" and "What is this thing I call a "self" anyway? Or maybe "is there really such a thing as free will?"
- You start most of your sentences with "I read this in a book" or "I heard this in a podcast"
- You're an out-of-the-box thinker and want to connect with other weirdos.
This group probably isn't for you if...
- you feel uncomfortable when people see things differently from you. (Ideally, people should feel comfortable to agree to disagree).
- you enjoy baiting people to get a rise from them. This group is intended to be for folks who want to exchange ideas...not for people who have the GOAL of aggravating others.
- you are uncomfortable with vulnerability. If you don’t want to be asked questions like “what are you passionate about?” because you would prefer to keep things light...I completely understand. But maybe don’t attend this particular group
- you like loud flashy settings. There are fabulous groups on meetup for high energy folks who want to dance the night away. : )
- you're hoping we will be discussing philosophy and/or consciousness from some kind of academic perspective. Sorry - no philosophy completion certificates will be handed out at the end of each group meeting.
- you want to come and complain about how much you can't stand extroverts. Introverts are awesome, but let's not get too big for our britches, here, folks. Extroverts are lovely, too.