addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Czech Scala Enthusiasts Message Board › Leadership change!

Leadership change!

Zdenek F.
user 19097791
Prague, CZ
Hi Czech Scala Enthusiasts!

Strucne neboli briefly: I've decided to step down as the organizer of Czech Scala Enthusiasts.

Once upon a time, I was at Scala Days 2011. It was so inspirational I decided to put together Scala community in Czech Republic. I believe I've achieved that. We had great speakers, we started doing coding dojos and there are more members than I could imagine at that time.

Now I simply want to focus on running my business and extend my activities beyond just technical. I didn't have much time for helping out Karel few last months, so you should thank him for recent meetups - or better, buy him an extra beer :) Therefore, I felt it would be better for both me and CSE to leave the leadership.

It doesn't mean you won't see me on meetups, I shall appear from time to time; it also doesn't mean I won't be actively searching for new special guest speakers or stop programming Scala :)

However, two is more than one, so I'd like to announce a new organizer: Jakub Janecek, the guy most of you are already familiar with - our resident Play2 expert and coding dojo host. Buy him an extra beer too!

Karel and Jakub, good luck!

Zdenek Farana

Jakub J.
user 21797391
Prague, CZ
Post #: 2
Hello everybody,

what can I say, thanks for the trust put in me ;)

I would like to thank Zdenek for creating the Czech Scala community we can all share and hopefully expand in the future. I wish you the best in your studies and business!

We are already planning our next meetup which will be about dependency injection (in Scala of course). We'll let you know as always.

As the new co-organizer I would like to ask you to fill out the poll­ so Karel can put together some meaningful results. Current state of completion is alarming! ;) I know there are more important things in your life but it will take you just few minutes and help us prepare better meetups in the future. Thank you.

PS: I shall pick up my extra beers at the next meetup :D
PS2: Just kidding, I devote my beers to Karel and possibly Zdenek (if present) for their work for CSE.

Best regards,
Jakub Janecek