addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Dallas PHP Message Board › Possible Meeting Location Move

Possible Meeting Location Move

Chris C.
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Just wanted to let everyone know about an offer that's been made to us by a local company named SoftLayer (­. Some of you that have been to the meetings recently will recognize the name from the happy hour they sponsored and their visit to our last meeting. By way of disclosure, I'm also an employee of theirs. 

So, here's the deal - our Yahoo meeting space is great and has provided us with a good place to grow the group. I think we can all agree, though, that the group is growing and that room isn't getting any bigger. There's meetings where we're standing room only. That being said, SoftLayer has generously offered to let us use their large conference room here to host our meetings instead. The space is a big bigger and is a bit more configurable. It can probably hold around 50ish people. 

I wanted to send an email to the list about the offer because I didn't want to approve something the group might not want. Here's a few details on the offer so you know what SoftLayer would provide:

- wifi (yep, wifi on a guest network everyone could use)

- a large conference room with projector (see here:­)

- beverages/snacks (possibly beer)

- several nearby spots for our post-meeting drinks (maybe even someplace quieter heh)

- easy access, just off the Tollway on Alpha

I think that last point would be one of the biggest - it's a pretty far move from the Yahoo Office in Richardson to the SoftLayer offices in Addison (well, Farmer's Branch). This might be a tipping point for you members out there, so I *really* need to know about this one - would this new location be too much trouble?

Let me know what you think - feel free to email me or respond to the message for this on the site. I'd love to get this worked out before our next meeting, but if things don't gel soon enough, we can always shoot for March.

Chris Cornutt (Co-organizer)