What we're about
Are you a Data Platform Professional? This meetup is for you. We cover all things SQL Server in the Data Platform with local and international speakers covering topics from Basic to advanced. No topic is off the agenda.
We aim to provide you a one stop place for you to learn and expand your professional networking with like minded SQL Server Data Professionals.
Sign up now to join this new and expanding Meetup to learn and grow your professional network.
Code of Conduct
The Data Platform Downunder Meetup Group supports the diversity of our community. We strive to welcome different perspectives in a community where everyone feels respected and valued, and are committed to inclusion across race, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, geography, religion, identity, and experience.
Above all, we ask that all Data Platform Downunder members be kind to one another and conduct themselves respectfully, creating a positive experience for everyone involved.
• Be friendly and welcoming
• Listen with purpose and create space for others’ communication preferences.
• Ask yourself how you can make someone life easier.
• Be patient
• Remember that people have varying communication styles and preferences.
• Recognize that not everyone is using their native language. Meaning and tone can be lost in translation.
• Be thoughtful
• Think about how others will interpret your words. Aim for clear and productive communication.
• Remember that sometimes it is best to refrain from commenting.
• Be respectful and inclusive
• Respect differences of opinion.
• Seek to understand and build bridges, not condemn or criticize.
• Make a conscious effort to include people who differ from you.
• Be open and curious
• Assume good intent and interpret others’ statements or questions in good faith.
• Ask questions to understand, not denounce.
• Focus on continuous learning. Improve upon the things you already know, tackle new things, and ask others about their expertise to deepen your own knowledge.
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have concerns that this Code of Conduct is not being followed, notify us via the Meetup Group Email as soon as possible.
Data Platform Downunder reserves the right to bar any person who violates our Code of Conduct from attending any of our events in entirety or in part, and/or to cancel tickets of any person.
Upcoming events (1)
Abstract: In this session, we will discuss the architecture of Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) in Synapse SQL Pools including the difference between Control and Compute nodes, how Compute nodes are scaled, the three table geometries (Hash, Round Robin, and Replicated) and how the distributed tables are mapped to Compute nodes.
Speaker: John Deardurff
Speaker Bio: John has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since July 2000 and specializes in teaching Azure SQL and SQL Server workshops. He is currently a Data and AI Cloud Solutions Architect for Microsoft, an MCT Regional Lead for the Eastern United States, and a former Data Platform MVP.
Hello Friends! - John Deardurff (sqlmct.com)
• 12:15-12:30pm: Sign-in & network
• 12:30-12:35 pm: Announcements & Intro
• 12:35-1:35pm: Presentation
• 1:35-2:00pm: Q&A, wrap-up
Online. You must register for the link
- Peter M.
- Martin C.
- Fernando C.
- 31 attendees
Past events (32)
- Warwick R.
- Amin R.
- Amit J.
- 42 attendees