• Was wir unternehmen werden
We like to invite you to our monthly meetup at the trivago tower in Düsseldorf. In April, we will do an evening with mixed topics and four(!) different lightning talks. 10 up to 20 minutes each.
• Refactoring a monitoring-monolith into separate components - My journey with microservices (by Thorsten Klein)
• Project Management For Open-Source Projects (by Christian Lück)
• Scaling the dolphin: Using MySQL in high performance and high availability environments (by Wolfgang Gassler)
Steffen is a junior fullstack developer at a small company in Essen since last summer. He enjoys listening to Electro-Swing during long coding sessions.
Refactoring a monitoring-monolith into separate components - My journey with microservices (by Thorsten Klein)
Thorsten will tell you about his hands-on experiences with refactoring a monolith into separate components. He will talk about the pros and cons of using Go for microservices, the onion model, deployment with Nomad and Consul, monitoring with Prometheus and more.
Thorsten is a recent Computer Science graduate from Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf.
He wrote his thesis on refactoring monoliths into microservices in cooperation with trivago.
His main interests are infrastructure automation and software-engineering best-practices,
mainly by using Java, Python, and Golang.
Project Management For Open-Source Projects (by Christian Lück)
Do you need suits and an MBA to be a manager? Hint: You do not. Learn what it takes to successfully manage open-source projects of varying sizes each with their unique constraints - whether you're just getting started with open-source or whether you're already a successful contributor or maintainer.
Christian "@another_clue" Lück is a software engineer with a Master’s degree in Information Systems Engineering and over a decade of experience, both commercially and as a regular contributor and maintainer of a few open source projects. But most importantly, he’s always been passionate about pushing the limits and thinking outside the box. He’s so passionate about this that he quit his job in order to become a freelance consultant and to better focus on some thrilling projects ahead :-)
Scaling the dolphin: Using MySQL in high performance and high availability environments (by Wolfgang Gassler)
• 18:30 - 19:00: Arrival, get your first drink, pizza and socializing
• 19:10 - ~19:35: First talk + Q&A
• 19:35 - ~20:00: Second talk + Q&A
• 20:10 - ~20:35: Third talk + Q&A
• 20:35 - ~21:00: Fourth talk + Q&A
• 21:00 - Open End: Socialising
We like to see you there :)
• Was sollst du mitbringen
• Wichtig zu wissen
• Language of the event: English
• W-Lan: Available
• Costs: No costs
• Drinks: Available and free (beer and non-alcoholic drink)