IMPORTANT: Space at the venue is limited. All are welcome but seating is not guaranteed. If you'd like to reserve your spot and stake your attendance use [Kickback] (https://kickback.events/event/0xbe42ddf87024694748fc33053493ff62cb5dce68).
[Grin] (https://grin-tech.org/) is an in-progress implementation of the MimbleWimble protocol. Many characteristics are still undefined but the following constitutes a first set of choices:
* Clean and minimal implementation, aiming to stay as such.
* Follows the MimbleWimble protocol, which provides great anonymity and scaling characteristics.
* Cuckoo Cycle proof of work.
* Relatively fast block time (a minute).
* Fixed block reward over time with a decreasing dilution.
* Transaction fees are based on the number of Outputs created/destroyed and total transaction size.
* Smooth curve for difficulty adjustments.
To learn more, read the [introduction to MimbleWimble and Grin] (https://github.com/mimblewimble/grin/blob/master/doc/intro.md)
* 6:00pm - Arrival and networking
* 6:30pm - Kickback roll call
* 6:35pm - Intro to the [mimblewimble protocol] (https://cyber.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/andrewpoelstra.pdf)
* 7:35pm - What is Grin & State of the nation
* 8:00pm - What's in store for tomorrow's [Ethereum Constantinople Network Upgrade] (https://www.coindesk.com/constantinople-ahead-what-you-need-to-know-about-ethereums-big-upgrade)
* 8:45pm - The Great Grin Hype
* 9:15pm - Possible impacts of new PoW chains on old PoW chains
* 9:30pm - Q & A and more networking
Please contact the organizers if you'd like to present a talk
Pizza courtesy of GPU.ONE and Abelian Group :)