addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Den of Clojure Message Board › Meeting recap, jobs, and a new location

Meeting recap, jobs, and a new location

Daniel G.
clojurist
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Hi Folks,

Thanks to everyone who attended last night's meeting.  The presentation by Lee on Leiningen plugins (and templates) was great.  Leiningen plugins are just another Leiningen project with a few special caveats.  They allow you to quickly add verbs to your build process.  Instead of things like lein package and lein run you can say lein new-awesome-task.

We had a serious menu upgrade. Qudoba taco bar.  Thanks to Cody Powell at Tek Systems (cpowell@teksystems.com) for the help. Tek Systems has *lots* of job openings. If you aren't fully satisfied get in touch with Cody (cpowell@teksystems.com), he will make sure you are happy.

After the meetup Ed, Sean and I got a drink downtown.  We happened upon a new place called Stoney's Bar and Grill.  They recently opened and are looking to get the word out.  It just so happens that they have a nice room upstairs with a projector and screen setup.  They cater too and the food looks great.  Numerous good beers on tap including New Belgium Shift, Ranger, and a Mojo nitro IPA.

http://www.stoneysbarandgrill.com/­

Uncubed is moving downtown and won't be able to hold public meetups anymore.  Stoney's seems like a good fit for the group.  The only down side is the lack of parking as they are also located downtown.

Please note that the address listed on their website is *wrong*.  They are located at:

1434 Blake Street, Denver CO 80202

Before sealing the deal on the new location I wanted to reach out to the group and get some input. This is your group, what would you like?  Does this sound like a good move?

I announced to the group that I've taken a position with Sonian. I'll be getting paid to code in Clojure full time. You can too, there are more positions available. Feel free to contact me (danglauser@gmail.com) or Lee (matthew.hinman@gmail.com) if you are interested.  This is the year for Clojure.

Cheers,

Daniel