addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS Message Board › New Meetup: Royal Arch Hike (Beginners Welcome)

New Meetup: Royal Arch Hike (Beginners Welcome)

This message board is read-only.

Debbie
user 7447668
Broomfield, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS!

What: Royal Arch Hike (Beginners Welcome)

When: March 22, 2009 10:30 AM

Where: Chautauqua Meadow, Boulder

Meetup Description: Did you know there is an arch in Boulder?

Royal Arch is hidden among the Boulder Flatirons.

The hike is fairly short, 3.5-4 miles roundtrip, depending on what trail you take. But there is a big elevation gain, 1200 feet.

I know many of you are new to Colorado, I am inviting beginners on this trip so expect a slow pace with lots of rest stops, we'll call them "picture stops." (Moderate and fast hikers are welcome, but I may send you on a tougher trail or to the top as a group.)

Beginners: Bring water, a camera, a snack to eat at the arch and determination (this is a steep hike at times). Wear sunscreen and weather appropriate clothing.

The trailhead is Chautauqua Meadow in Boulder. Take the Boulder Turnpike, Highway 36 to Boulder. Just before you get into town, take the exit for Baseline Road. Turn left or west and drive 1.4 miles to the entrance for Chautauqua on the left side of the road. If there's no parking in the parking lot, you can park along Baseline Road, just look for the "no parking" signs. Parking is always a challenge here!!!! Arrive early. We will meet at the trailhead signs, west of the Ranger Cottage at 10:30, we'll start hiking at 10:45 a.m.

E-mail me with questions: timinggirl@aol.com

Dogs welcome on leash, or off-leash if you meet the Boulder requirements.

Map, dog rules and more info on Boulder's Web site

More info on hike: Pro Trails

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­