What we’re about
DevEd TLV purpose is formalizing the important role of internal education & training in R&D departments, by introducing the global term "Developer education".
Developer Education’s goal is to accelerate engineer productivity by providing them with the essential information necessary to immediately provide value to the company. A member of a Developer Education team will typically perform the following:
- Foster a culture of learning that promotes inclusion and diversity in teams, interactions, and learning models
- Identify learning opportunities and training needs through cross-functional relationship building.
- Design, develop, and deliver impactful, scalable learning experiences in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Measure the outcomes and impact of learning initiatives and leverage results to inform planning directions.
- Evangelize the Developer Education Program and help ensure engineers are matched with the best program offerings.
Taken from Jasmine Robinson, Senior Technical Program Manager @ Netflix Engineering site https://deved.net/about/