addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › need lightbox popup plugin that intergrates with mailchimp

need lightbox popup plugin that intergrates with mailchimp

Allen C.
user 86068332
Plano, TX
Post #: 1
Could you a suggest a popup plugin that fades in on the home page to gather subscribers, integrates with mail chimp, and that can send subscribers to the groups of interest or my list segment. I had bought popup domination and it works on firefox, and chrome, but the subscribe button when using explorer 9 does not work or allow you to push the submit button when using explorer 9. Popup domination also does allow subscribers to be sent to a list segment in mailchimp, just to the list.

Allen Cantwell
awcantwell@gmail.com

Popup domination also does not allow different groups of interest to be signed up on their subscribe form.
Daniel E.
user 71122792
Dallas, TX
Post #: 15
Internet Explorer. Web developers wish this browser would just go away. I feel your pain Allen.

Finding a lightbox plugin, or "pop up" like the one you describe pre-made is something pretty cool. I'd hate for you to just have to put aside that $77 you already spent for the application. Normally when a plugin like that costs so much, and with the following it has: will work in all browsers.

Is there a URL you might be able to show us, with it in use? I suspect the IE9 issues your running into may have to do with your specific website, and how it's coded.

I've only done a few mail-chimp integrations, I'm not familiar with "different groups of interest" functionality. Could you tell me more here?
Allen C.
user 86068332
Plano, TX
Post #: 2
mailchimp allows you to set up groups in a list. i am areal estate broker and lease commercial property. I have groups in my prospect list called office report, industrial report, retail report. i have a mailchimp plugin widget (MailChimp List Subscribe Form) that allows a subscriber to tell me the type of property he wants information about and when they fill out the form, the information is recorded in the mailchimp list in a specific group or list segment so that can send emails just about office info, industrial info, etc to the specific list segment. here is my url for that widget - http://dalmontcantwel...­

that popup domination plugin does not the ability to segment new subscribers on a mailchimp list which helps in sending segmented email campaigns.
the lightbox of popup domination is on my website http://dalmontcantwel...­

it pops up in 7 seconds. the submit button works on firefox and chrome but explore 9 did not allow the submit button to work.

i am looking for a lightbox popup plugin for home page like i saw on johnchow.com
Daniel E.
user 71122792
Dallas, TX
Post #: 16
Thanks for the additional information Allen.

First off, I visited the johnchow.com website to inspect what they have going on for them. The code that I saw there was a little confusing, but I eventually found what was driving their popup, or rather lightbox. They are using a lightbox tool with an iframe imbedded inside of it.

If I follow correctly, your widget that is on the 'our-president' page is acting properly... we just need to add the functionality of a lightbox to it. Since from what your telling me that Domination does not support segmenting... I'm going to put that entirely to the side.

I suggest following the same strategy that johnchow.com is using. Create a lightbox that auto-pops up on page load, and displays an iframe. Our iframe should contain the mailchimp widget form.

In order to achieve this, we'll need to accomplish the following tasks.

---Create a new page template on your wordpress install that contains only a small widgetized area. Place the form in that widgetized area.
Completing this task will require some knowledge of how to create page templates, and widgetized areas in your theme. This will also likely require a knowledge of CSS so that you can style the look of the page to look pleasing to the eye. It is entirely possible you may need to employ a developer for help here.

---Create a new page, that is using the newly created page template. This creates the URL we need for the iframe. Copy the URL for the page. We'll need it later.

---I suggest at this point installing a lightbox plugin. I suggest using Easy FancyBox.

---Follow the directions contained in the FancyBox plugin for creating a lightbox with an iframe imbedded. This is where you will need the URL from the page you created earlier. Also setup the settings to auto popup on page load.

---Test it out. Everything should be working as expected now. However adjustments to the css of your page template may be needed.

I hope this helps you out Allen. I know things are getting a little technical here. Feel free to shoot me over an private message if you'd like additional help with this. Your needs are a little bit more special, but with some elbow grease I think you can pull it off.