• Food, Drinks & Networking (20 mins) (Don't forget to bring your business card)
• Introduction & Announcement (10 mins)
• "Fingerprint Scanner Security: Another Horror Story from the IoT World" by Vladimir Ivanov (45 mins)
• "CyberSecBlogging - Putting Your Passion Into Writing" by Michael Rebultan (45 mins)
1) FINGERPRINT SCANNER SECURITY: ANOTHER HORROR STORY FROM IOT WORLD
Fingerprint scanners are nothing other but computers with ARM CPU running Linux. Yet they often are critical elements of an organisation's physical security strategy. In this talk, I will discuss discoveries made after only a cursory look at one such device and share my thoughts on combined cyber-to-physical attacks.
2) CYBERSECBLOGGING - PUTTING YOUR PASSION INTO WRITING
Most technical savvy has common weaknesses: soft skills. Either they have stage fright or writing difficulties. In IT security, this is very important. Whether you are a VAPT, DFIR, CTI, Researcher, or even just merely a CISO's secretary. In this talk, Mike will share technical articles he posted online (Cybrary & Personal) based on his personal experience as a security professional and the context behind those writings.
- Learn the unconventional way of blogging
- Showcase technical skills through writing to boost self-confidence
- Visibility in the cybersecurity community and hiring managers
1) VLADIMIR IVANOV has more than 20 years of experience in IT Security and IT Infrastructure. In the past, he worked for some of Fortune 100 companies protecting them from cyber criminals and persistent adversaries. More recently he moved into general IT Infrastructure area but is still passionate about security issues.
2) MICHAEL REBULTAN, aka “Art”, has more than 15 years of experience as an IT professional with a background in PCI-DSS audit, Unix/Linux server administration and lockdown, R&D, VAPT, and currently a DFIR in both IT and ICS/SCADA environment. He holds a master degree in IT with major in e-commerce security and with a professional graduate diploma in Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity as continuing education. Mike has spoken at FOSS Asia, Null, PEHCON (PH), Linux Meet-Up Group (SG). He specialises in Computer Forensics, Network Intrusion, Data Breach, Global Cybercrime, Volatile Memory, and Malware Analysis.