addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Columbia Dungeons & Dragons/Superhero RPG Meetup Group Message Board › new member - short availability

new member - short availability

A former member
Post #: 2
Greetings to all, I am sorry I didn't find this sooner.

I am visiting the area, courtesy of the military, through to the end of March and would like to jump into a game on a weekend, both as a distraction and as an inexpensive time waster. There is nothing like spending a weekend in a hotel room with the TV and some homework to make you want to go someplace else!

Anyway, reading the other posts I see I should explain a bit of who I am and where I come from, roleplaying-wise. I am 40 and have been playing for over half my life. My favorite modules are Ravenloft I, followed by Ravenloff II the House on Griffin Hill and the Temple of Elemental Evil. I have been DMing since 2e, through 3e, 3.5, and now run a campaign in 4e. I also have run/played CP2020, Shadowrun, FASA Aliens, WEG Starwars, Paranoia... er, the list goes on and on.

I am a very flexible gamer and enjoy the range from 'beer and pretsals' to the more story based games, altho I prefer a middle ground in which random references to Monty Python draws laughs instead of glares.

I don't drink or smoke, and prefer games in which others restrain themselves as well. This comes from experience with people unable to control themselves and unwilling to realize that thier 'fun' was not fun for others.

I post fairly regularly on EnWorld as 'Primitive Screwhead', a nod to my CP2020 background and a way to remind others to not take offense at what I post {after all, if I call myself that... how can you be offended?}

I prefer 4e and Eberron, but am willing to play pretty much anything that is with an enjoyable group.

And, like I said, I only have 2 months here. I am perfectly willing to be a 'player controlled NPC' and have no desire to disrupt anyones campaign or game.

..oh, and I forgot to bring my dice.. so directions to a local store would be highly appreciated!

I hope to hear from someone soon!

DeKe
Travis S.
user 11271177
Columbia, SC
Post #: 6
Hello first off welcome to the group. I have been playing/Dming for 7 years, I am 20 years old. I live off foxfire drive in columbia. I am available pretty much anytime however I have no car and can't travel very far to play. I have only one player in my group my roomate. I Dm several 3.5 campaigns and a Legend of the 5 rings. Also I am willing to play 4ed and are somewhat familiar with the rules if you are willing to host. I do not drink or smoke and neither does my roomate. I prefer to play a laid back environment with a mix of hack n slash and deep immersion story-telling. Also the best store for 4ed dnd books and dice are the barnes and nobles next to the columbiana mall.
A former member
Post #: 3
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Today I am headed over to Heroes and Dragons, which is kinda in your neck of the woods, and will probably stop up at the Barnes and Nobles you mentioned... Brust has a new novel out and I was going to pick up a copy, so I might as well check out the local stores. Drop me an email if you would like to try and meet up this weekend.

My class doesn't start back up until Tuesday, so I have a bit of time to fill.

DeKe