Welcome to the Drupal Chicago Meetup! All are welcome. This month Doug Dobrzynski will be presenting The Magical Configuration Management Unicorn!
With Drupal 8 came core configuration management. It's a magical unicorn that solves all the problems of putting admin configuration and all the clicky setup into code... Or is it?
This session will seek to answer whether or not configuration management is a magical unicorn (spoiler: it's not) and address how to get closer to the magical configuration management unicorn based on learnings from multiple projects.
During the Session We Will Cover:
• Handling the gray area of content versus configuration.
• Accounting for environmental differences (dev, staging, prod).
• Automating the import of configuration.
• Configuration management versus Features.
• Developing standards and practices.
• Tools to create the magical configuration management unicorn.
• Drupal News and announcements
• Site Demos
• Q and A
• Pizza courtesy of Xeno Media! (http://xenomedia.com)
Contact us if you would like to show off something!