|Sent on:||Monday, May 7, 2012 3:38 PM|
How's it going. Wow it looks sunny out so I'm gonna keep this sort so I can get out and enjoy some sun.
Here's 10 great no or low cost ideas on how to promote your business:
1) YOUTUBE VIDEOS: If you've been to youtube.com you've seen tons of videos which incorporate a website address that is advertised in the video. This is another great way to advertise to tons of people for free. Also there are a ton of copycat youtube websites. I provide a whole list of them in for idea #15 in the book. You can find and post your video ads to all of them. Be sure to read the sites rules before posting. They don't allow commercial solicitation in most cases. Your video has to be one with generic content and value. Then what you can do is include a small ad in your video, such as displaying your website address on the video. That way people will see the web address and likely visit it. If you're video is directly promoting the program unfortunately with most sites like youtube it will get flagged and removed in no time. It has to be "generic". Such as talking about the benefits of "affiliate programs" in general, with a tiny plug about your site and or affiliate link.
2) FACEBOOK: Facebook.com has a marketplace which is a classified ad section that can be advertised in. They also have whats called “Facebook Fliers and Fliers Pro” which is a form of pay per click advertising they offer for very low prices compared to other PPC advertising channels. I've used Fliers Pro with great success, extremely affordable PPC and highly targeted.
3) MYSPACE: Myspace has a marketplace which is a classified ad section that can be advertised in for free. http://classifieds.myspace.com
4) SOCIAL NETWORKS: Social network sites such as: myspace, facebook, friendster, Xanga, MSN groups, Blogger, TypePad are just a few of the hundreds of social networks that are out there. Many of them offer free classified ad sections that you can advertise in as well as other forms of advertising. I mention a whole list of these sites at the bottom of the page.
5) KIJIJI: http://www.kijiji.com is another free popular classified ad site that targets major cities across north america. They get tons of traffic and are a great place to post ads about your site.
6) PAY PER CLICK ADVERTISING: Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising is a type of online advertising in which advertisers (i.e. you) pay for visitors on a Cost Per Click (CPC) basis. That is, advertisers only pay when a Web searcher actually clicks on a link and visits their Web site. PPC advertising is different than "traditional" online advertising, where advertisers pay according to how many times their ad is displayed. With Pay Per Click Adverting, an ad can be displayed many times, but the advertiser pays nothing unless a Web searcher actually clicks on the ad. When done correctly, PPC Advertising can produce highly targeted traffic -- the most sought-after and valuable entity on the Web.
7) CRAIGSLIST.ORG ONLINE CLASSIFIEDS: This site is worth mentioning simply because of the advertising value it represents. It was ranked 66th most popular site in the world according to Alexa.com (2008). It allows anyone to post free classified ads to it. So it's a great source of additional free traffic. And with that many visitors going there, it's bound to generate some free traffic.
8) DOORWAY PAGES: You should have at least 10 if not 100 door way sites or pages leading to your main website. I found this instruction on how anyone can set this up quickly: http://tinyurl.com/bsxb2vj
9) SOCIAL BOOKMARKING: Popular new trend online is known as social bookmarketing. Say you like to surf a little at work, but you're scared to bookmark your favorite sites? Well you can do it on your account at a site like: http://del.icio.us Also you can see what other people are bookmarking. So the idea is you bookmark sites that you want others to visit. Other people using the site can see the bookmarks you make available to the general public and if it's something of interest they're bound to visit your site. http://del.icio.us is one of the more popular social bookmarking sites online.
10) THIS LOOKS INTERESTING: I'm not really sure what this is but it sounds rather exciting, someone is promoting some kind of course online. so I thought I'd pass on this info: http://tinyurl.com/dxsts4w
Also please RSVP below. The Edmonton Entrepreneur meetup is May 14th at 7pm at Franco's Loung on 177st and 69 ave.