Git (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_%28software%29) has grown up to become the de facto version control system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control) for open source software development. Understanding how the tool works, will help people wield it correctly and work more efficiently. This workshop will help people jump start with version control using Git. The workshop covers the basics of Git. We will also touch upon the internals of Git, and some power features of Git.
The tentative list of topics to be covered is provided below:
• Basic Git Commands
• Git's Object Model
• Dealing with Remotes
• Advanced Features: Interactive Rebase, Interactive Add, Stash
• Familiarity with Unix command line Environment
• Familiarity with at least one other version control system (optional)
Hardware / Software Requirements
• Laptop with either Mac OS X / Windows / Linux (Linux Preferred)
• Git >= 1.9 (Installation Procedure is available here, from Git's website. (https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git))
Is this a free workshop? Why are you charging $0.5? How do I register?
This is a free workshop. You do not need to pay $0.5. But you need to register by calling us at [masked] (between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM) Once you have completed the registration process, your RSVP will be marked as paid. Only people you have completed the registration process, will be considered for the workshop.