Buy tickets at https://in.explara.com/e/embedded-linux-dojo (https://in.explara.com/e/embedded-linux-dojo)
What is it?
Embedded Linux Dojo is a place where people can practice, and improve their product integration skills.
The goal of the Dojo is to practice building a Wi-Fi Router, with add-on features, like: Activity LED, 3G/4G Hotspot, Web based Status Monitor, Web based Configurator, Caching using Transparent Proxy, Captive Portal, NAS, Dropbox LAN Sync, WPS Push Button Configuration, Network Diagnostics, Data Statistics - Top URLs, Top Domains, Web Content Filtering
How Does it Work?
• The event is of 5 hours of duration, with 4 hours for the activity and 1 hour for demonstration.
• People are grouped into teams of 5 members each.
• Each team is given an Embedded Linux board with a Debian based root filesystem.
• Instructions will be provided to build a Wi-Fi Router, using the system.
• In the first 4 hours, the teams build the base Wi-Fi Router and add a feature to the Wi-Fi router. Some features are listed above.
• In the last 1 hour, the teams choose one member to explain and demonstrate the feature built by their team.
How do I Join?
You can buy the tickets on Explara, the tickets cost about 100 Rs each. Ticket link: https://in.explara.com/e/embedded-linux-dojo
Why do you charge for the event?
We charge for the event, so that people take the RSVP, a little more seriously. That way we get a more accurate head count, since the no. of seats are limited.
The amount will be put to good use for providing lunch and refreshments during the event.
Linux and Networking Fundamentals. If you are not familiar with Linux and networking fundamentals you can brush up some fundamentals from the following resources.
• Linux Command Line - http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/UNIXhelp/
• Linux Networking Concepts and Commands - http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/linag2/book/ Chapter 1 - 6.