What we'll do
Em Campbell-Pretty and the team from Pretty Agile will be presenting
*The ART of avoiding a train wreck*
If you are thinking about launching your first ART or you are struggling
with your existing ART(s) then this session is for you! In this session Em
& Adrienne will share their “trade secrets” for launching and operating
awesome Agile Release Trains. This will go well beyond the standard SAFe
courseware, deep diving into practical tips and tricks that can be
immediately applied in your context . Em & Adrienne will share war
stories, experiments and lessons learnt over almost 10 years of real world
experience implementing SAFe.
Expect to learn:
* The 4 ingredients for a successful train launch
* How to “turn up the good” during PI execution
* The common mistakes that lead to “train wrecks”
Shane Cox from AgilePM Group will be presenting
* SAFe Investments - practical linking of User Stories to SAFe Epics (Lean Business Cases)*
Short talk on how the DTA measures ROI on its investments by linking the approved Lean Business Cases (SAFe Epics) with the User Stories that are incrementally delivered through multiple teams.
* How the original hypothesis are validated
* Early Success Signals
* Capturing and measuring value as its delivered.
* This event will deviate from our usual 3rd Wednesday of each month - sorry for the late notice but its school holidays and we had some last minute changes.
* Venue will be at the White Rabbit Cocktail bar (just beneath the Novotel on Northbourne Avenue).
* Drinks and nibbles provided.
* Format for event will be to kick-off by 18:15 with one 5 minute lightning talk from a group member, this will be followed by a 30 minute presentation by a guest speaker and an additional 5 - 10 minutes.
We will take suggestions from the group after each meetup about how we can improve the format or other aspects.
* The guest speaker may give away a prize for the best question they receive.
* Discounted books and materials for SAFe and DSDM will be available for purchase.
Members who have special deals (relating to SAFe and DSDM) they would like to make available for members are encouraged to PM organiser.