What we'll do
Finally RHoK is TOMORROW!!
We are all ready and pumped and can’t wait to see you all there. We have:
- Our change makers (ie. Charity organisations) excited about sharing their pitches, refined to captivate your hearts and attention;
- Our RHoK Stars (that’s you!) confirmed and excited to hack to make a difference;
- Our venue set up with collaboration working spaces and cool technology set to get you inspired;
- Lots of snacks and cold drinks ready to fuel your brains;
- Our facilitators jumping with excitement ready to inspire you on the day; and
- Three x awesome judges confirmed and locked in, ready to offer amazing advice.
What should I bring?
Bring your laptops, power adapters and energy. We will provide the rest. Including whiteboards, pens, paper, markers, post it notes, power points, an internet connection, large display screens, and break out spaces.
When should I get there?
We will try and start at 9am. So please come before this. We recommend about 8:30am as a good time to give you an opportunity to get registered, meet the people in the room and get a feel for the place. It will also give you the opportunity to make a coffee/tea/hot chocolate and get a good seat ready for the presentations.
How will the days run?
On the Saturday morning our 2 x Change Makers (ie. charity organisations) will present an exciting, heart-felt pitch highlighting how they make a difference in the community, what their problem is and why they need you to help. After the pitches, we will start to form teams based on the skill-sets in the room and those required to solve each problem. You will be guided the entire time by two, energetic and motivated supervisors and also have a number of supporting tools to help turn problems into solutions. 🙂
Who can I contact if I get stuck?
Our event organisers and facilitators are ready to help:
- Farhan [masked]);
- Elliott [masked]) and
- Olivia [masked]) - this is me!
Looking forward to seeing you all there. Until then, if you haven't watched the video - have a look at the fun of the day: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8y9ip822yqv8q5/RHoK%20Brisbane%20Winter.mp4?dl=0