Hello there Craftspeople!
During our last meetup, we've agreed on talking about TDD on our next gathering. Our colleague Felix kindly wrote down a few words about what to expect from this next event:
We all have heard about it, and in principle TDD is easy, right? You "just" write the tests for your logic before start coding. How cool is that?
However we all have seen teams claiming to be doing TDD when all they do is writing some test cases at the end of the coding.
But let's not go into easy criticism…
• What is holding teams back?
• Why is TDD not working for them?
• Is there something that could facilitate the transition to really doing TDD?
Let's have a fishbowl and try to find out if, after all, there is a way to really do TDD once you find out that it's actually hard.
· 6:00 pm : Mingle with nibbles and beverages
· 6:20 pm : Introduction
· 6:30 pm : Agree on next meetup details
· 6:45 pm : Fishbowl
· 7:30 pm : Break
· 7:45 pm : Fishbowl
· 8:30 pm : Closing/Retrospective
• Address: Level 31, 680 George St, Sydney NSW 2000
Please invite a colleague, a friend, especially if they are taking their first steps into software development!
See you there!
❝Agile is simple—it just isn’t easy.❞
― Ron Jeffries (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Jeffries)