What we'll do
***IMPORTANT - TO ATTEND THIS EVENT, YOU MUST REGISTER FOR A FREE TICKET VIA THIS EVENTBRITE LINK***
FinTech is a rapidly expanding Australian industry, and encompasses lending, personal asset management, payments software, crowdfunding, and much more. In 2017, the Startup Muster report found that FinTech was the most popular industry for Australian founders, and in Victoria is establishing itself in the field, with organisations like Stone & Chalk and YBF Ventures establishing FinTech hubs along with state government support.
In the lead up to Intersekt Festival, Startup Victoria is proud to partner with FinTech Australia and Square to bring you this pitch night where we will showcase four up-and-coming startups that are looking to impact and shape the FinTech industry. The startups will not only be pitching for the prize package below; they will also be pitching to a panel of expert judges and a room full of industry professionals.
Applications are now closed. Visit our website (https://startupvictoria.com.au) and sign up to our newsletter to find out who will be pitching!
- Ben Pfisterer - Square's Head of APAC and Country Manager for Australia
- Lucy Liu - Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer at Airwallex
- Ben Hensman - Investor at Square Peg Capital
- Melissa Mack - Director at FinTech Australia
- Stuart Stoyan - Founder and CEO of consumer lender MoneyPlace
- Shahirah Gardner - Co-founder of Finch, 'a financial app for your social life’