What we'll do
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one of the most important topics of today.
Developments in AI will disrupt the economy and the world in ways not seen since the industrial revolution. As AI continues to permeate every aspect of our lives, we must ask ourselves:
- How can we ensure AI is being used for good?
- Who is accountable for the decisions made by AI?
- What is the responsibility of government, corporations and the general public in shaping the rules of how AI will be created and used?
These are questions that need answering.
The Artificial Intelligence Collaborative Network (AICN) will host an entertaining evening which will inform and educate people about the emerging debates in the field of the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence (AI). As the impact of AI increases on society it is important for people to be informed about the critical ethical decisions involved when creating applications using AI.
AICN will bring together world-class experts in AI, law, policy and ethics for thought-provoking presentations and a moderated panel session.
Held in Adelaide and live-streamed to the AI community across Australia, this is an event not to be missed!
Women in Machine Learning & Data Science will host this national event in Sydney by broadcasting the live stream followed by networking with the local AI community.
6pm Doors Open
6:15pm Keynote & Guest Speakers
- Prof Caroline McMillen - SA Chief Scientist
- Ellen Broad - Keynote: Responsible AI
- Dr Niels Wouters - Biometric Mirror: Exploring the Ethics of Emerging Technologies
- Dr Mor Vered - Human-Centred Explainable AI
7:30pm Panel Discussion with Dr Andy Stapleton, Ellen Broad, Dr Mor Vered, Dr Terry Sweeney and Daniel Kiley
8pm Networking & Light Catering
We value diversity and operate a strict code of conduct, for the comfort of all our members.