General Admission HKD 1500
Garagers HKD 1200
PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS HERE ON EVENTBRITE:
Want to switch to zero waste lifestyle but don't have enough time to look for resources, find alternatives and make it your new normal? Feeling overwhelmed trying to understand all types of biodegradable plastics and bioplastics? Don't know where to take your food waste and what's the alternatives to the products you use?
We hear you.
Join us for a one-day Zero Waste Life Bootcamp session on Saturday 21st July at Garage Society and get the following in 4 hours:
Part 1: The Essentials
- Before embarking on your sustainable journey, it’s important to set a personal baseline and goal based on individual lifestyle. Find important elements to consider, and set your baseline and goals.
- You will start using a waste tracking method, designed by the ZWL team.
- Arm yourself with zero waste essentials to prevent potential waste.
- Discover the best essentials for your personal lifestyle.
- Discover how to implement the essentials in daily life situations and maximise your waste prevention effort.
- Set a strategy for waste-free travels.
Part 2: Food & Beverage
- Dissect the kitchen and find your personal sustainable alternatives.
- Learn the grocery trips, packaged and unpackaged options.
- Where to find specific items? Share resources among the group.
- DIY: homemade general cleaning solution, dishwashing soap, clothes washing soap.
Part 3: Beauty & Grooming
- Take a decision: to simplify or not to simplify your daily beauty regiment
- Find zero waste alternatives to personal hygiene, beauty and grooming items.
- The million-dollar question: where to find good quality zero waste makeup.
- DIY: toothpaste, face and body scrub, face mask.
Part 4: Recycling & Composting
- Get to know all your recycling and composting options in the city.
- Discover local champions and organisations.
- Get to know the types of your household waste and how to sort them before recycling.
- Implement waste management strategies in your home, office and travels.
- Get access to ZWL's community composting project
Initially, we wanted to donate 10% of our profits to a refugee interest NGO, we however hope to sponsor 3 refugees to attend the workshop to take away zero waste management strategies to share among their respective communities. We hope to give people agency and means to create DIY products as they do not have an income and are wholly dependent on a government subsidy which does not cover personal - hygiene products
Paola Cortese-D’arcy is a certified Climate Reality Leader and currently the only zero waster living in Hong Kong who has successfully reduced all her household waste in 2017 to 289 grams. Paola is the co-founder of Zero Waste Life - a startup educating the need for a waste free environment by practising the Zero Waste lifestyle, guided by the highest standard of sustainability today - the Circular Economy standard. Zero Waste Life aims to equip eco-enthusiasts with the life skills and resources needed to live a truly sustainable lifestyle in modern, urban environment in Asia.
Connect with Paola on Instagram: @paola_journals
Aigul Safiullina is a multilingual community builder, trail runner and a certified Climate Reality Leader. She is the co-founder of Zero Waste Life - a startup educating the need for a waste free environment by practising the Zero Waste lifestyle, guided by the highest standard of sustainability today - the Circular Economy standard. Zero Waste Life aims to equip eco-enthusiasts with the life skills and resources needed to live a truly sustainable lifestyle in modern, urban environment in Asia.
Connect with Aigul on Instagram: @aigul_stories