addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atheists and Ex-religious of Greater Vancouver Message Board › Atheist Republic

Atheist Republic

Matt
mussels
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 34
For those on Facebook, I found this virtual Facebook group via an image someone had posted on their wall. T

There are two groups:

Atheist Republic - The public group. It had recently devolved into a wall upon which radical Muslims and fundamentalist Christians post hate speech and aspirations of the whole group burning in hell. But it seems that this morning one of the admins did a major housecleaning and renaming, and it has some interesting infographics, cartoons, etc, posted there.
http://www.facebook.c...­

Atheist Republic Private - A members-only group where the administrators do their best to deny access (and/or quickly boot out) the crazies. Lots of good discussions around "How do I come out as an atheist to my religious parents?" "How do I respond to conversion attempts by religious friends?", etc.
http://www.facebook.c...­
Matt
mussels
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 35
Incidentally, I'm hoping that other international resources like this don't detract from the good discussions held here for local atheists, but rather provide additional ideas and questions which can be discussed within our smaller group here as well.
dale
DaleCope
Surrey, BC
Post #: 7
I joined their public page after I heard about the Atheists Helping the Homeless thing they did a few months back. Didn't know there was a private one.