Suggested Groups near San Francisco, CA
Alamo Square/Hayes Valley Meetup Group
San Francisco, CA
Hi there! This group is looking to bring new and old residents of Alamo Square/Hayes Valley together. Members should live in the neighborhoods represented here (Hayes Valley/Alamo Square and neighborhoods in between/close by) and be 21+. It's an open group but tailored for women in their late 20s/30s/40s.
Building community and friendships by enjoying all our neighborhood has to offer: park days, walks through the panhandle, drinks, food, and more! While there may be events held in other neighborhoods from time to time, the purpose of this group is to connect residents of Alamo Square and Hayes Valley (and neighborhoods in between).
Real profile photos are required. Three no shows without updating RSVPs will result in being removed from the group. Meetings are in-person only, unless otherwise mandated by the city, and may be held indoors. The city of San Francisco requires proof of vaccine against Covid-19 to dine or drink indoors. This group, members and guests, follow city mandates related to Covid-19.
Photography Walks & Workshops in San Francisco by Casey
San Francisco, CA
Let's explore San Francisco by taking pictures (and videos) and learn new techniques along the way. Plus get outside for fresh air and exercise too! About me: I have been doing photography for over 35 years and used to shoot weddings, portraits, commercial work for decades. I am an expert in still photography having started with the Nikon F4 film camera plus the Hasselblad 503cx medium format film camera in the 90s, then transitioned to digital with the Nikon D1x and D2x in early 2000, and more recently changed to all Canon gear with the Canon R5 and 90D and M50 digital cameras. I also actively use the Canon XF400 and G60 camcorders for creating online content for my YouTube channel "Casey On Location". Because I enjoy photography and filming, I can also share my knowledge with others who share the same passion. I am a long-time resident of San Francisco since 1980 so I know quite a bit about The City by the bay. So join the group and we can shoot images and videos together at interesting spots in San Francisco, learn a thing or two from each other, and hopefully get in some sunshine and exercise too.
Shut Up & Write!® Online Events
San Francisco, CA
Go to www.shutupwrite.com/organizers to host events for this Meetup!
At Shut Up & Write, we believe in the power of community—now more than ever. That’s why we’ve set up a variety of accountability structures online to keep you inspired to write from the safety of your home.
Organizers can now organize online events through MeetUp. We’ve created a step-by-step guide for organizers to create an online event here.
We’ve launched a Virtual Chapter on our website! Discuss your daily progress, try your hand at a writing prompt, and share writing advice and tips in our new forums.
What’s a word sprint? We set a timer for 30 minutes and write, then report back with word counts and cheer each other on. Every weekday at 3pm PDT, we’re running #wordsprints on our Twitter account! Join in the fun @shutupwrite.
Sign up for one of our free Monthly Writing Challenges, where we provide prompts for five days or more to inspire your writing.
Tell us your thoughts!
We welcome your suggestions and feedback – we want to support you in your writing practice. Reach out at email@example.com to let us know how we can help or if you’d like to get more involved with our efforts.
Ted's Hikes San Francisco/Marin Counties 7-12 miles
San Francisco, CA
Environmental Friendly hiking group, using public transportation to hiking trails throughout Marin and San Francisco counties. I have been a co-organizer through the meetup Bay area short hikes 5-8 miles for 2.5 years. I will be leading hikes with more miles and less speed. I want my hikers to enjoy their hikes, get a good workout, takes some photos and experience the beauty around them. So bring your smiles and let's hike some miles. See you on the next hike <br>Drivers, we will meet you at the trail head, <br>We will meet in the City and take bus or ferry to various trail heads in Marin Headlands, Mt Tam, and Pt Reyes Seashore. From there we start our hike.
Bay Area Conservatives
San Francisco, CA
For all those in the Bay Area who seek politically & socially inspired events with other like-minded conservative individuals, you're home.
We include conservatives, moderate republicans, trump supporters, tea partiers, libertarians, independents who lean right, patriots and those who are in need of a different kind of "hope & change."
Join us and make some new friends!
PS - We ask that you do not request to join if you want to study us or are media. We are not unicorns and do not wish to be treated as such:P
PSS - There is a delay to approve new members because of the high number of requests.
Downtown SF Tennis
San Francisco, CA
I'm looking to hit / practice during weekday morning/afternoons at either the Bay Club Gateway, Dolores, or Russian Hill tennis courts (or another court in the same area). Approximately NTRP 4.0 level, but just looking to rally for fun (though with a lot of top spin). I don't have a 9-5 schedule, so I'm looking for others that have that flexibility to play before the busy hours after 5.
Feel free to reach out to me directly or post your own events as well for times that work for you. It looks like Meetup removed the ability to let all members post events, so just message me or reply here if you'd like to post some times yourself and I'll give you event organizer status to do so.
Everyone Loves a Corgi
San Francisco, CA
"We love corgis" is a statement we've heard so often from so many people that we've resolved that just about everyone does! We are a corgi meetup group that hosts various types of events across the Bay Area for corgis and their owners. Whether you want to get more exercise and run Golden Gate Park, hang out at the beach or even march in the San Francisco Pride parade - we want to provide events that you and your corgi can enjoy with other like minded corgi owners.
We only have a few simple rules to join our group:
1. Be respectful to one another
2. If you RSVP to an event, show up (We have a no flake policy) or update your RSVP to ensure other members can sign up
3. You are solely liable for the actions and welfare of your dogs during every event and release the organizers of any liabilities for damages incurred by you or your dogs.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
San Francisco Super-Agers
San Francisco, CA
Ours is a community of Super-Agers. Super-Agers are people who strive to have healthy minds, bodies and souls until the day we die. We can feel young, have more energy, improve our cognitive capabilities, and live long and healthy lives.
Moving out of our comfort zone is the key to staying mentally and physically young and this Meetup is all about supporting each other to move out of our comfort zones.
Marin and The City
Music, Mix & Mingle
Would you like the opportunity to get out socially in and around Marin and San Francisco and do fun activities?
If you're looking for ways to meet more people, or looking for that special someone, it's always fun to get out and socialize with others. We have one of the most active Meetup groups in the area, so if you're interested in getting together for drinks, dinners, movies, wine tastings, whale watching, sailing, hiking, dancing and other activities, this is the group for you!
Feel free to suggest events - we're always on the lookout for new ideas! We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event! We have both indoor and outdoor events, and try to have something for everyone.
A photo is required so that Organizers can recognize you at events. It should be face-recognizable! Organizers often record attendance, and we don't want you to be missed and labeled a no-show.
No-Show Policies: If you RSVP that you are attending an event, that is a promise that you are attending the event in person. This is especially important for things like restaurant reservations and small-group gatherings. No-shows are often removed from the group when an Organizer is taking attendance at the event.
Hiking in Marin: Mountains, Meadows, Marshes and Mist
Mill Valley, CA
This group is for everyone who wants to explore the stunning beauty and remarkable trails of verdant Marin County. We spend much of our time hiking among the majestic redwoods, but we'also take advantage of Marin's glorious coastal-trail views, its high peaks, and its many streams and waterfalls -- sometimes all in the same hike!
Many of our hikes are fairly moderate in both distance and pace, though we do mix in longer hikes with more vertical, as well as occasional beginner hikes. But regardless of distance, virtually all of our hikes are limited in attendance, so that we can ensure everyone's safety and attempt to keep the group together as much as possible. Smaller groups also make for a more intimate, natural experience in the wilderness, which is particularly important to us because we like to get off the well-known trails as much as possible. There are plenty of 100-hikers-and-a-cloud-of-dust groups on Meetup, rampaging along the fire roads. This is not one of them.
Because we limit numbers, the majority of our hikes have wait lists. If you join a waitl ist, you are expected to monitor it, and your email, to find out whether you have moved up to confirmed. RSVPs and wait lists will close at 5 pm the night before the hike, and no one will move up after that time, so you don't have to worry about a late-night promotion to confirmed that you don't see until the next morning. 5 pm the night before is also the deadline for anyone on the confirmed list to cancel an RSVP.
PLEASE NOTE: If you fail to show up for a hike with a wait list, or cancel at the last minute, you'll be removed from the group. It's a one-strike policy. Be fair -- let someone else have your spot when you decide not to go.
If all of that sounds good, then please join us as we explore the striking beauty awaiting us in our local forests, mountains and coastal trails.
Let's go hiking in Marin!
Asians and Friends San Francisco Bay
San Francisco, CA
This Meet-up group was previously know as Gay Asian Men (GAM) and Admirers.
Same group - different name.
Asians and Friends San Francisco Bay is a group where gay Asian men and their admirers meet up to socialize in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are part of the International Friendship Alliance (IFA), made up of Asians and Friends and like-minded groups around the world.
Singles and couples are both welcome.
Members are also encouraged to join our Asians and Friends San Francisco Bay Facebook group.
Members should live in, or frequently visit, the San Francisco Bay Area.
Note - To join this group, please provide a clear face profile photo and your real name (at least your full first name - not just an initial). For safety reasons, we need to recognize you when you show up in person when the group meets at our members' private homes. Thank you for your understanding. For after all, we all want to meet real people.
Make Close Friends - Bay Area 20s and 30s
Hello and welcome! :D
We made this group for people in the Bay Area who are in their 20s or 30s to make close friends.
For this group, we will have online events every Monday where we introduce ourselves, get to know each other, form in-person hangout, and play some online party games. We will have events like game night, movie night, coffee hangouts, picnics, and many more social events.
We will be using Discord for our online events. Here is the link to our Discord server: https://discord.gg/X5VY68hrKk
Feel free to join the Discord group and introduce yourself ^-^
Thank you for taking a look at this group!
Crossing Party Lines: San Francisco Bay Area
San Francisco, CA
Civil, respectful conversation with people with different political views?
Yes, it is possible. We’re doing it and you can, too.
Crossing Party Lines is YOUR brave space to meet and talk with people you disagree with and may not even understand. You might have fun!
Our events include:
- DISCUSSIONS: We meet as small groups where you can talk to real people about the issues that divide us. Share your unique insights, encounter new perspectives and new ways of looking at the world, and experience what it's like to feel heard and understood.
You'll find that it is possible to disagree in a way that leaves you feeling true to yourself and your beliefs without losing your friends or your cool.
- WORKSHOPS: We teach the skills you need to effectively talk across differences. You will learn ways to foster curiosity and invite listening, acquire strategies for overcoming common communication barriers, and develop the confidence to talk politics with people you know, live, and work with.
- COMMUNITY EVENTS: We’re not just about talking – we’re also about community. We host game nights, screen videos, share books, and offer many other ways of connecting across differences.
At all events, trained facilitators set the tone of the discussion and help the group build trust. Come see what civil, respectful conversation is like. Who knows, you might make friends with someone you disagree with!
More about Crossing Party Lines:
We are a national nonprofit with chapters in eight states. Because we believe that the success of America’s unique democracy relies on the diversity of our viewpoints, we encourage people of all political views and parties to join and participate.
Come learn, explore, practice, and grow with us. Join this grassroots movement and become the change in your community.
Note: Due to COVID, most of our events are online. Unless otherwise stated, events are open to all Crossing Party Lines chapters, giving you a chance to interact with people from all over the country.
East Bay Ramblers
Welcome to East Bay Ramblers! This group is all about hiking for fun and fitness. We hike on weekday mornings...and also on weekends. If you love to hike, this is the group for you!
Some things you should know about the group:
• Hikes will normally be in the 4 - 10 mile range.
• We average a speed of 2.5 - 3.0 mph.
• Each hike posted will indicate the length and difficulty you can expect. Please be considerate of other’s time and only sign up for hikes within your physical ability that you can complete within the time allotted.
• Please RSVP to events only if you plan on attending. Be sure to update your RSVP if your attendance plans change, and avoid last-minute changes whenever possible.
• We wait at trail junctions to keep the group together, but as soon as stragglers are within sight the group will start off.
• There will be hills! You will need to be comfortable walking up and down steep hills.
• Most hikes are held in our beautiful East Bay Regional Parks with some excursions into State Parks and water district properties such as EBMUD and CCWD. We also occasionally organize urban hikes and trips to other regional park systems.
• Some hikes, but not all, will be DOG FRIENDLY and allow off-leash hiking. Some hikes will be on-leash and some will not allow dogs at all. Each hike will be clearly marked as either Dogs Off-leash, Dogs On-leash, or No Dogs.
• We are not professional hike leaders and don't have first-aid training. Participants must be responsible for their own safety and well-being.
This is a very social group. We like to talk, laugh, and enjoy ourselves while getting our exercise out on the trail. In the Bay Area we are incredibly lucky to be surrounded by hundreds of thousands of acres of open space filled with hiking trails. Join us as we explore and meet new friends!
PLEASE READ LIABILITY DISCLAIMER:
By joining East Bay Ramblers you agree to the following:
1. I acknowledge that the group organizer and assistant organizers for this group are NOT guides or trip leaders. We have no training or qualifications as guides or trip leaders. East BayHiking Meetup is a social group for organizing hikes. All hikers are responsible for themselves, their dog(s), their guest(s) and any event that occurs to or because of them.
2. I agree to abide by the rules of the park where the hike is held.
3. I acknowledge that I and other participants may be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury to me, my dog(s) and/or guests, or someone outside of the group or some other animal, including permanent disability and death. I understand that these risks may be increased through my own actions, or through the negligent action or inaction of East Bay Ramblers’ participants, its members or other representatives. If I bring/invite a guest who has not released liability through the meetup group, I agree that I am solely responsible for their and or their dog(s) including their actions and safety. It is highly recommended that each participant sign up for an event through the meetup site.
4. I hereby RELEASE and DISCHARGE from liability East Bay Ramblers, the group organizer and hike organizers, their officers, members/other participants, sponsors, and employees; and owners and lessors of facilities used by East Bay Ramblers, from any and all liability claims, demands or causes of action that you now have or may have in the future, for injuries, damages, death and/or economic loss of any kind or nature, arising in whole or part out of the activities advice or information contained herein, even if caused in whole or in part by their negligence.
5. California Civil Code section 1542 states; “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” I specifically waive the terms of that section, and agree to Release claims that I may not yet know of, or which may be based on events that have not yet occurred.
6. If I am allowing children under the age of 18 or any guest, to participate in this hike, I agree on their behalf to the terms of this Release. I agree that if, notwithstanding this Release, I, the minor, or anyone on the minor’s behalf, or my guest, makes a claim against any of the persons or entities Released, I will indemnify those persons and entities and hold them harmless against all expenses, damage or costs, including attorneys fees, arising out of that claim.
7. You further agree that if you or someone under your supervision uses the information on this website you assume all risks of injury, damage, and economic loss, without limitation, and release providers from all liability therefore.
8. Organizers choose locations and routes, but it is up to you to decide whether the event is appropriate for you to attend. Ultimately you are responsible for your own safety.
I HAVE READ THE East Bay Ramblers LIABILITY DISCLAIMER AND WILL ABIDE BY ALL RULES AND POLICIES AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT I ASSUME ALL RISKS FOR ANY INJURIES RECEIVED AND AGREE TO ACCEPT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY.
Drive Fore Birdies
San Francisco, CA
Membership is limited and member dues are required.
Who We Are & Where We Play:
We're avid mid- and low-handicap coed golfers who regularly play 18-hole courses together. We enjoy spending time with friends and good people. We LOVE golf and enjoy our friendships! We play year-round and regularly have several outings per month at a variety of courses all over the San Francisco Bay Area.
Everyone is encouraged to mix it up and play with someone new so that everyone has a chance to play with different members and get to know one another. Depending on the event or outing, we may group golfers according to handicap brackets for pace of play reasons.
Post-round drinks and food at a local restaurant or at the clubhouse. We value our friendships as much as our love for the game, but post-round socialization is optional.
• Membership Application & Member Profiles: You must maintain a clear and recognizable facial picture of yourself as your group profile picture and you must use your first name. Please join us at a regular group outing within one month of membership approval so that we get to know you as a member and you get the opportunity to meet the group as well. Once you've paid your annual member dues, your membership and application process is finalized. There are no refunds after your member dues have been paid.
• Attendance Requirements: As we regularly play 18-hole courses together, ideal members are those who frequently play with the group at our regular outings. Select events may be for regular attendees only as a reward for their active participation in the group. Minimal members (1 or fewer regular group outings per ~6 month period) and non-participants are subject to removal from the group, which will allow more room to our regularly attending members for limited-access special events. Tournaments, special events including GM MFAD events or NCGA Member Outings, and travel do not count toward meeting the minimal member attendance requirement.
• RSVP & Cancellation Deadlines: Keep your RSVP status updated. All details including cancellation deadlines are posted on each event page.
• Single/Twosome Vouchers or Deals: Let members know your situation or plan. Please mention when you RSVP if you've purchased a twosome voucher/deal or are looking to share on someone else's purchase. If you missed out after they're sold out, either find someone who purchased a twosome or check if rack rate is available.
• Late Cancellations: If you need to cancel after the posted deadline, contact me with your cancellation reason and update your own RSVP. Your absence will be considered a no-show unless you provide a valid explanation before the event. Members who no-show or last-minute cancel are subject to removal from the group.
I host Drive Fore Birdies out of my own free time. Membership dues cover what Meetup charges me to host the group on their platform.
• Drive Fore Birdies organizer & host
• started Drive Fore Birdies in 2016, started playing golf in 2016
• 1st place winner at Monarch Bay's 2018 coed individual match play tournament, so they've given me the nicknames Champ and Queen
• 1st place winner for women's longest drive and 2nd place winning coed team in randomly drawn 4-person scramble at Half Moon Bay 2019
See you soon on the golf course!
Volleyball. Training and Playing. Ocean Beach, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE GROUP?
Training and Playing was started out of the need to have more volleyball training locations available to the average, adult volleyball player. Up until now if you wanted to learn and improve your volleyball skills you would normally look online under “Volleyball in the area”, join a group that seemed appealing, and hopefully be accepted and learn by playing.
You probably found that most groups are looking for players who are intermediate or better. The few groups where beginners are welcome would not really have training available.
With Training and Playing you can get around like minded players who are wanting to train and get to playing as soon as possible. Besides players what else do you need to play volleyball? Balls, nets, courts, training courts, training nets. These are all available upon request.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
IF you are an intermediate or advanced level player who has not found a group of players who are looking to improve their skills, come join us and get better faster.
If you are a novice or beginner who really needs to work on the basics, come join us and quickly get to the next level of play.
If you are a student player who has found that going the club route is way too expensive, come check us out.
If you just want to play volleyball and are a fun and generous person you should definitely come. We’ve been looking for you!
WHAT WILL YOU DO AT THE EVENTS?
First you will set up a training court.
Although this is training the main drill you will do is pepper. Is there a right way to pepper? Check this out: https://youtu.be/k-gqpvFq4Gw
We use pepper to warm up. Here are 12 variations of pepper. Three variations can be done with a net but don’t require a net. bit.ly/3CNO1wl
We then go into cooperative play, using the training court, where we focus on improving one or several skills at a time. You’re essentially peppering or playing; you play every ball as much as possible. It is during this time that you ask the players you’re practicing with for help on improving and you also offer tips that can help your fellow players. Here’s a video of players doing cooperative play. https://youtu.be/0-LPqjsZrPM
Learn WordPress Discussions
San Francisco, CA
Whether you’re a first-time blogger or seasoned developer, there’s always more to learn. From community members all over the world, the vast resources available on Learn WordPress will help you learn more about WordPress and teach it to others.
One of the best ways to learn is through discussions with others. The meetups here bring together people who have already watched the same workshop on learn.wordpress.org for a live group discussion about the content so that we can share knowledge, exchange ideas, and learn from each other. When you sign up a a meetup, please take the time to watch the suggested workshop(s) in advance.
WordPress Global Community Sponsors help fund WordPress Meetup groups and WordCamps around the world. Thank you to GreenGeeks, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Bluehost, and GoDaddy Pro for their support!