Footscray Maker Lab Kick Off Session 1
Are you interested to help co-create a combined maker lab / hacker space / social innovation incubator in the old Footscray Cotton Mill?
Join us for the first of three sessions to set up a dynamic creation space in Footscray in the Western Surburbs of Melbourne.
The Footscray Maker Lab is a Hackerspace established to provide a place for transformative and commons oriented creative initiatives from many avenues. A place for pioneering new products, services, processes, artistic visions, and social change. In particular we aim to:
- Engage and support an emerging generation of micro-manufacturing initiatives, open design movement, 3D printing, hobby robotics, custom drones and other DIY garage initiatives.
- Engage and support an emerging generation of Makers, crafters, metalworking, woodworking, and other pre-industrial production artisans.
- Engage and support an emerging generation of digital media producers, video, audio and web based.
- Engage and support an emerging generation of peer to peer service designers and initiators.
- Draw the above streams together into virtuous systems of enable-ment to support effective micro-enterprise development and sufficiency based commercialisation.
Please invite people you think might be interested in joining this session!
See you there!
José, Adam and Gregor