addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Foreign Language Enthusiasts of Pittsburgh Message Board › If you're interested in Brazil....

If you're interested in Brazil....

A former member
Post #: 4
I just posted a few photos from Brazil. (Look at the group photo album pages ---my photos begin with the 18th photo on page 4 and end with the 6th one on page 5.) Captions above the photos explain where they were taken.

I lived in Brazil in the late 60s and returned for the first time in 2011. My friends, colleagues and former students treated me and another American woman who was there at that time (now living in CA) like royalty when we visited Aracajú and Nossa Senhora da Glória in the state of Sergipe.

I had always regretted not visiting the Amazon area and Iguaçu Falls, so I went this time. When I arrived in Manaus it was 108F. I had never experienced such heat and humidity. Iguaçu was a pleasant 65-70F.

I was able to cross three things from my bucket list, but missed hang gliding to the beach in Rio. The entire time I was there, the wind gods weren't with me. The wind was either too strong, not strong enough, or moving in the wrong direction. I guess I'll just have to return to try again.

Anyone interested in learning Portuguese, please contact me.