addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Formula 1 NYC Meetup Message Board › Formula 1 Fan Documentary

Formula 1 Fan Documentary

A former member
Post #: 6
Hey everyone,

I am trying to produce a mini documentary for passionate Formula 1 fans. The premise behind it is sports make up a huge part of our lives. They make up some of the largest and most passionate cultures in the world. Formula 1 is unique because it spans the globe making the culture even more dedicated and far reaching. I want to show how passionate F1 fans are and why they care so much about the sport.

If you're interested in being a part of it, let me know.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, Martin, I do have some thoughts on Formula One's popularity. First off, it's technical, intellectual, constantly renewing itself, and development oriented....more so than other forms of car racing.

Second, the cars are beautiful, and the engines are thrilling to hear...just listen to the TV announcers telling the listeners during the start of a race..."the lights are set....turn up your volume, and listen to those engines!"

Third, it's popularity throughout the world unifies all different countries, people, and cultures who are interested in automobiles and their development.

Just some thoughts. Hope they are useful in your thinking about a mini doc.

PS I noticed that the people who have joined the F1 meetup are all quite young, and I'm not....at all...and even came to the sport within the past 14 years...so that, I think, this is proof of the sport's universality. When I go to the Gran Prix in Montreal each year with my son, we see people of all ages...from 5 years of age to very senior citizens.

Doris
A former member
Post #: 7
Thanks Doris! Great thoughts. I'll be sure to keep them in mind.
Anthony
Slipangle
Belmont, MA
Post #: 51
Hello. I'm into my 5th decade of interest in Formula 1. You project sounds interesting. Tell me more.
A former member
Post #: 9
Anthony,

The project is to crowd source video from F1 fans submitting video about why they love F1 and why they believe it has such a strong following. The video doesn't have to be long. Probably anything between 30 seconds to 1 minute, but there is really no limit.

To submit you would just have to go to wetransfer.com and submit it there.
Here are the steps to upload:
1. upload your video.
2. insert my email martintorres34@gmail.com
3. insert yours.
4. Send.

That's really it. The goal is to compile enough video to make a short doc about what makes F1 special enough to have such a passionate fan base.