We're a group of singles over 45 who love to do outdoor activities together. To join, click Read More for instructions.
PREREQUISITES FOR JOINING
The purpose of 45+ Outdoor Singles is to offer outdoor activities such as hiking (moderate to difficult), snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, bike riding (road and trail), and more for singles who are active outdoor enthusiasts over forty-five years of age in the greater Seattle area.
• By "over 45," we mean you must be at least 45; there is no upper age limit as long as you are active and can keep up with the group (over 65% of the group is 50+).
• By "single," we mean you're not married, separated, engaged, or seriously dating when you join the group. If going through a divorce, please do not sign up until after your divorce is finalized.
• By "active outdoor enthusiast," we mean that you already do one or more of the activities mentioned above, and you'd like to meet others who share your passions (i.e., you are not an outdoor wanna-be).
• By "greater Seattle area," we mean the greater Puget Sound area: Seattle, the Eastside, the South end, the North end, etc. Please do not sign up if you don't live in western Washington.
Please note that all our activities include an outdoor event followed by a social. When you sign up, you're expected to attend both. If this is not what you're looking for in a group, please don't join. Thanks.
In addition to meeting the above criteria, you must complete the following 4 steps (otherwise, your request will be declined):
1. Upload a CLOSE-UP face photo of yourself as your primary photo in your 45+ Outdoor Singles profile, so that members and organizers can easily identify you in RSVP lists (no sunglasses or hats please). You should be the only one in the photo, and your face should be centered in the photo. For an example, see my profile photo under Organizers. If you'd like me to crop a photo for you, I'm happy to do that. I'll just need your email address, which you can send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Use your first name + the initial of your last name in your profile name (to distinguish you from other members with the same first name). Please use initial capitalization, and include a space between your name and initial (for example, "Linda C"; NOT "lindac" or "linda c" or "LindaC"). Do not use your entire last name. For your first name, use the name you'd like people to call you (for example, if your name is Elizabeth but everyone calls you Beth, use Beth).
--To edit your profile name, go to the Profile icon on the top of any Meetup page (in the top right corner), click the drop-down arrow, click Settings, and then next to your name, click Edit. You can also use this page to update your location and other information that applies to all Meetups.
3. Answer the profile questions fully so we can get to know you.
4. Agree to the following legal disclaimer, and to abide by the RSVP and Guest Policy.
Legal Disclaimer and Liability Information
Activities organized by 45+ Outdoor Singles can be dangerous and pose a risk to 45+ Outdoor Singles members. Attending or participating in any 45+ Outdoor Singles activity is voluntary by you as a member and at your own risk. By participating voluntarily in the group you understand that you are responsible for your own safety.
By joining 45+ Outdoor Singles as a member you agree to indemnify and hold harmless 45+ Outdoor Singles, its organizer, co-organizer, assistant organizers, event organizers and hosts, and other members from all claims or liability of every type (including court costs and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property, loss of personal property, or any other wrongful act arising out of or relating to your participation as a member.
RSVP and Guest Policy
For each activity that you decide to go on, please RSVP responsibly. As a courtesy to others, and because most of our activities will have a limited number, we ask that your YES be yes when you RSVP, and that if you need to cancel, you do so in plenty of time to allow someone else to go (i.e., not the day of an event). We have zero tolerance for no-shows.
In addition, we have a No Guest policy so that all open spots go to members. If you have a friend that you'd like to bring as a guest, have them join the meetup and sign up on their own. Thanks for understanding.
By joining this group, you agree to always keep a close-up face photo posted. Changing your photo after joining to something that does not meet our requirements may result in your being removed from the group.