When it comes to building responsive web layouts we’ve used tables, floats and Flexbox. Now there’s CSS Grid. In this talk, we’ll go over what differentiates it from other techniques and why it’s completely changing the game. Through code examples and demos, you’ll walk out out of this talk able to start using Grid right away.
Kara Luton- Lewis Communications
After working in music publicity and feeling unfulfilled, Kara Luton made the switch to tech. Now she has a passion for introducing women just like herself to the tech world and showing them that it’s an option for them too. Outside of work, Kara enjoys playing with her golden retriever mix, going to concerts and seeing a ballet whenever she can. You can reach Kara at [masked] or on Twitter at @karaluton.
The location is a little off the beaten path but easy to access. The easiest way to find it might be to put the intersection of Columbia Ave. and Beasley Dr. into your GPS and then follow these steps:
• From Columbia Ave., head West on Beasley Drive.
• Turn right on Charles R. Meek Drive, toward the end of Beasley. This is a private road and the name may not show up on your GPS. It is just before a single story brick building that has a large blue building behind it.
• On your left past the blue building you will see a large building surrounded by a black fence, this is the Public Safety Center.
• Continue around the building and you will come to the entrance to guest parking.
• As you walk toward the building, use the far left entrance next to the flagpoles.