addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego French Language Meetup Group Message Board › Pics of recent trip to Paris, France

Pics of recent trip to Paris, France

A former member
Post #: 4
In Janurary of this year, I visited Paris, France for the first time. Now that I am back in San Diego,CA, I anxiouslly await the day when I can return to this beautiful and facinating city. After arriving home, I began putting a personal website together so that I can share my pics. If you have an interest in viewing some of my photos, please check out my personal website.

One thing that I will note that came as a BIG surprise to me, during my trip, was how very few people whom I interacted with, spoke any English. Everytime I went out of my hotel room, I took my French/English dictionary. I have had it for more than 30 years and people would laugh when they sometimes saw it fall out of my purse (usually when I was buying something). I have got to buy a new one. Although I had very few problems reading signs, menues, etc., I did have a few problems when I
first began to request the bill at restuarants and converse with vendors concerning credit card usage and acceptance.

If you have been to France, as a visitor, I would love to hear what you would consider to be the most interesting things you noticed, as well as important tips for people who visit. My suggestions would be to study your French and Always be polite. What facinated me the most was how fast you could travel on public transporation, the tiny cars (very few large vehicles), how closely cars were parallel parked, and people rollerblading in long, mink coats.wink
A former member
Post #: 3
Great pictures! I visited your website and sent a link to my Paris photo album that I keep on imagestation(Sony product. I work for the company). I belong to meetup but I work nights so I can't make the meetings on the usual night. I spent my 38th birthday in Paris. Always wanted to go and I finally did it. The Metro was challenging when it came to reading the signs and it is bullet fast. If you get on the wrong train, it's back to the other side. LOL. Hope you enjoy my pictures.