addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube
Bogey
user 7681478
Silverton, OR
Post #: 6
I am considering Pet Health Insurance from various companies. Does anyone have any personal experiences they can share?

This was discussed in 2010 but maybe things have changed (I know prices have).
Connie
user 5982243
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 18
I did a lot of research in this area, and ended up choosing Embrace Insurance. You can set how much you want to the insurance company to pay on 70%, 80% 90%. etc. You can pay quarterly or annually. They pay promptly. I chose to go with the 90% and I do pay a bit more monthly, but with a Frenchie, when they go down, the expenses are huge. I don't mind paying a bit more upfront. Example - if your bill is $10,000 the insurance company will pick up $9K you would owe the balance $1K.

I have two frenchies. One of my frenchies will need patella surgery of both back legs in the coming year, the bill on each leg will run about $3,500 each.

I always tell people if you own a French Bulldog you need to take the next step and get insurance. The expense of owing a French Bulldog is much more than your typical hound out of the pound.

I did have VPI insurance and those people are the WORST, never paid promptly had to fight them on deals. Didn't cover a lot of stuff, allergies etc.

Embrace covers holistic treatments, cancer etc. read the fine print. there is a huge difference between pet insurance companies. Read what they will and will not cover and how much they cover for certain surgeries etc. You will be amazed.
Bogey
user 7681478
Silverton, OR
Post #: 8
Thank you. I have been considering Pets Best but I'll look into this one too. I need to find out if premiums are fixed or do they go up as the dog ages. I'm also concerned about the company itself i.e. Won't go out of business any time soon.