We'll be joining members of the Carbon Design System team for our November coffee talk at IBM.
Our cadence for these talks will be on the first Friday of every month in an attempt to avoid overlap with Creative Mornings.
This month we'll be iterating on something we tried out in September, instead of co-creating our Discussion guide as a group en masse, we'll be breaking off into smaller groups based on interests for more focused discussions.
Do your best to arrive before 8:30 if you can and come prepared with any questions you'd like to ask our hosts from IBM, or more generic Design Systems questions or topics you'd like to discuss.
Further, be sure to bring a photo ID to check in with security in the Main Lobby of Bldg. 904. Members of the Carbon Design System team will greet you in the lobby.
*About the Carbon Design System team*
Carbon has a core team of designers and front-end developers that are dedicated to developing and supporting the system. Carbon is an open-source design system that is also the official product and digital design system for IBM. Contributions are welcome from IBMers as well as the open-source community at large!
*The Usual Add-ons*
Feel free to check out an overview in Notion: [forthcoming]
If you'd like to host one of these coffee talks, propose a specific topic of focus for a discussion, showcase the work that you or your team is doing, or make an announcement about job openings on your Systems team, feel free to reach out to Adam at [masked].
*Directions (from Downtown area)*
- From Congress Ave., turn west onto 6th Street (a one way street westbound)
- Drive 1.5 miles
- Enter Mopac/Loop 1 Northbound
- Drive approx. 10 miles and take the Burnet Rd./Duval Rd. exit
- At first light, turn right onto Duval Rd. (Duval Rd. merges with Burnet Rd. one block later.)
- At second light, turn left into IBM facility at 11501 Burnet Rd.
- The center building in the front row is Bldg. 904 (with the fountain)
- Follow signs to visitor parking.
- In the main lobby, check in with security who will require a picture id.