We're going to hear from:
• Fable (https://github.com/fable-compiler/Fable) creator, Alfronso Garcia (https://twitter.com/alfonsogcnunez), will guide us through the Fable path over Skype
In More Detail:
Currently, Fable use is most prevalent in the ReactJS setting (Progressive Web Apps/Single Page Apps).
* Reason is an OCaml based JS transpiler, with similar goals to Fable. NB. F# is also based on OCaml.
** Aaron Powell gave a talk on implementing Redux.JS in F# last year and has also played a little with Fable.
• a nice overview on language design goals to support "Rapid iteration" in PHP/HHVM/Hack (video: first 6 minutes or specifically minutes 4-6) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBV9TkTXxg0)
• A confessional from a Google Chrome team member. His solution: use typed coordinate space systems. video: go to 23rd minute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6fxKIjGQAI)
• Web Assembly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCSAUHpPbiU&list=PL9ioqAuyl6UKZdsQFXJJWrwgZAgeAaFWa&index=5)
• ClojureScript (https://clojurescript.org/)
• early foundations of Fabel (http://funscript.info/)
• Which Functional Language To Learn? (https://www.quora.com/Functional-Programming-Should-I-learn-F-Haskell-Scala-or-Clojure)