Kiryat Atidim, building 7, 3rd floor, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Are you a Java developer who wants to program in Scala?
In this course you will learn to program in the Scala language by Evyatar Kafkafi from Tikal.
You will be one of 10 participants (or maybe even less),
the course has 5 sessions (each of them 3 hours long), and You MUST participate in all 5 sessions. There is no homework!
** To register you must fill out this form, so we can get back to you to arrange your participation**
In the first 3 sessions we will study together how to program in Scala.
Then we will have 2 sessions in which we will work on a project that all of us develop together.
*This Scala course is targeted for experienced Java developers (2 years or more of experience of developing with the Java language).
You do NOT need to have any prior knowledge of Scala.
In the end of the course you will reach a level of:
1. programming simple tasks independently, in Scala
2. being able to continue learning Scala on your own, from books, videos, and internet resources.
3. understand Scala code samples in lectures and presentations on other topics (such as Spark, Akka, etc)
Syllabus of the course:
• Writing Scala code in a regular Maven project, using the IDE
• Scala classes, methods, object instantiation, constructors, inheritance
• Conditionals and loops
• Types, Operators, syntax of method calls and passing arguments to methods
• Companion objects, the apply() method
• Pattern matching
• Case classes
• Collections (Lists, Maps)
• High Order functions
• Filter and map
• Functional Programming
• Other Scala language constructs and idioms