Fullstack Israel hackathon is right around the corner!
This year our main challenge is Switching to Micro Frontends.
👉 About the Challenge:
Nowadays, many organizations struggle with the need to deliver an application without being bound to a certain technological stack that may be obsolete.
Micro Frontends bring microservices into the world of frontend world: dividing applications into modules. Each module is built on a different tech stack, but the user experience is as one whole app.
🕐 Here's the plan for the day:
8:00-8:45 - Good Morning + Light Breakfast
8:45-9:00 - Welcome & Intro
9:00-9:30 - Presenting the Challenges and Teams
9:30-12:30 - 1st Session
12:30-13:30 - Lunch Break
13:30-16:00 - 2nd Session
16:00-16:30 - Happy Hour & Snacks
16:30-18:00 - 3rd Session
18:00-19:00 - Presenting the Solutions & Announcing the Winners.
🚀 The Hackathon Teams:
- BackOffice basics by Selina Team:
A building block for a backoffice app
- Dashboards library by Riverbed (Aternity)Team:
A library for manageing and dispensing TAbleau dashboards.
- OwnBackup - web app by OwnBackup Team:
SAAS application to manage backup subscription and settings and running jobs on backed up services.
- Single Sign On by CyberArk Team:
How many times did you go on a date through a dating app and found out in 10 minutes that just wasn’t match? Do you wonder which dating app to even use? Our site will do the job for you. Under one place, with one sign-up and one profile, you can access all known app sites. Plus - do Speed Dating without ever leaving the comforts of home! All under one website!
🎯 A few resources to get you into the world of micro frontends:
- Ran Wahle from talks about how to Leverage Your Existing Code with
Micro Frontend > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=patUCdf6d7s
- Micro Front-Ends Shell and Orchestrator Github Repo >https://github.com/eavichay/microfronts
** PLEASE NOTE ** If you would like to join us in our journey please fill in the Form >>
👉 Who can Participate
We invite frontend developers to build a Micro Frontend based app to be developed during the hackathon, you may submit your idea of an app to until November 15th, The app in the idea must include at least three modules to be developed as micro-app
🎯Your Idea can be one that addresses common micro frontend challenges:
1. Deliver an app that looks and feel as a regular Single Page application, although being developed by different teams, technologies and with different cycles
2. Have a monolith broken into smaller apps (We would like to see the way you break a monolith during the hackathon)
3. Migrate a legacy coded app using micro frontend approach (We would like to see the use of micro frontend in the migration phase).
👇 👇 👇
📢 We welcome your ideas for this hackathon and you can submit it here.
Hope to see you all,