Hacktoberfest is a global event that lasts for the entire month of October each year. Developers - beginners and seniors alike - gather to contribute together to Open Source projects and win fun T-shirts and stickers at the end.
This year, we're planning a series of 3 Hacktoberfest events, so that everyone has the time to get introduced to Open Source, find a project to contribute to and complete 4 pull requests until the end of the month, to qualify for a limited edition T-shirt by Hacktoberfest organizers (Digital Ocean and DEV).
Here's the timeline:
- 🥨Event #1: Meet Open Source and Git - October 1st;
- 🍟Event #2: Work on your PRs - October 15th;
- 🍩Event #3: Showcase & sharing time - October 29th;
The second event in this series is taking place on October 15th, when we gather to work on our pull requests.
We welcome everyone who wants to: learn Open Source & Git, get support for their Open Source projects, find a project to contribute to, or just spend some quality time coding with Open Source enthusiasts.
MUST HAVE: don't forget to bring your laptop!
What should you expect?
- 🍻BEER & buckets & fries 🍟
- 19:00 - 19:15: Intro + welcoming everyone;
- 19:15 - 19:25: About Hacktoberfest: rules, perks, code of conduct, resources;
- 19:25 - 21:45: Work on your contributions to Open Source.
BONUS PRIZE: a pair of shark slippers from Digital Ocean. How do you get'em?
1️⃣ Come to this event on October 15th to work on your PRs. If you're an Open Source rookie, this is a good opportunity to get help and support.
2️⃣ On October 29th (the 3rd Hacktoberfest meetup), we're showcasing our contributions. Then, we'll be voting on the spot to decide the best 2 PRs (i.e. the 2 new owners of these Digital Ocean slippers).
Ready to earn that T-shirt? :)